So the band is accepting money

Have you seen my profile picture? He’s got a great video on Lydian on Rick Beato’s Youtube

They actually tweeted “now accepting Little Gifts” and included a paypal link.
oof!

If it weren’t for standard Attachments and well placed Seasons I’d probably stop seeing them.

1 Like

Don’t forget Whistle Kids with improv

1 Like

Kind of put off by how things are being handled. As I said in my Texas post, I received an email last Friday from ticketmaster that Dallas was postponed, UM has said nothing. Five minutes ago I saw an Instagram ad pushing red rocks tickets which seems like a really deceptive tactic. If the Texas run is canceled or postponed, tell us NOW. Fans travel for these gigs and it’s the bands responsibility to inform the fans ASAP and hold marketing for gigs that might not happen. Granted this is a new situation, but this is the first time I’ve ever (in 17 years of seeing them) thought the band was handling things poorly.

Bayliss gets drunk and plays sad songs or the band gets no more money from me until touring resumes

Requests:

I mean what do you expect? No one is fully aware of how this situation is going to play itself out and they have only been able to reschedule a handful of their dates so far. I’m sure they’re working on a Dallas date but don’t want to release dates for shows that haven’t been fully booked. You also can’t blame them for advertising other shows just because a few specific dates haven’t been rescheduled yet. How is that deceptive? They just want to get back to touring and selling tickets.

3 Likes

As said earlier, booked Joel for an hour. He agreed to just play a solo set for us in lieu of a lesson. Was my birthday and we’re on honeymoon quarantine, supposed to be in Iceland now.

Review - It was awesome, Joel is super easy to talk to and laid back. Great 50/50 mix of just shooting the shit and playing songs. The tech they use for it (zoom) kind of sucks. Cut in and out a few times, but it worked for the most part. Overall, it was a great memory and totally fun for making the most of the current situation. Also he even went well over an hour. Was never awkward or felt forced.

3/25 Birthday/Honeymoon Quarantine Setlist:
Orfeo
Wife Soup*
Everything In It’s Right Place
Cemetery Walk I >
Cemetery Walk II
D’yer Maker D’yer Samba
K.C. Blues (Charlie Parker)
ETune in E Major (Chopin)
Hammage a Rameau (Debussy)
Hajimemashite*

*FTP solo

11 Likes

Sooo…shoot that link over via PM whenever you get a chance, haha.

Nope! :wink:

Hell yeah dude, that looks way fun. Glad you enjoyed and congrats on gettin hitched.

1 Like

Joel is the man

I’m not saying they should release a new Dallas date that isn’t completely rescheduled, I’m say they should inform their fans as soon as they find out a date is canceled or postponed. With regards to red rocks, I think it’s wrong to advertise something that might not happen, I’m not saying don’t sell tickets. If people want to buy tickets thats fine, but I think an advertisement sends the message that the shows are going to played on those dates, which they very well might not be

Perhaps the RR ad was something created a long time ago that was never turned off by the band? I wouldn’t put it past them to still drive ticket sales for an event that might not happen, but I’m gonna give them the benefit of the doubt here with something as subtle as an instagram ad.

Ok I guess that’s a possibility

Social ads are usually set to auto bid for a period of time. Maybe they just forgot to turn that off.

Ryan,

You shared with me the email you received, and I in turn spoke with Mgmt and Paradigm. As I wrote to you, these dates are to be rescheduled but we have nothing further to add at this time. There are a ton of moving pieces at the moment and they are doing their best to address every one.

It isn’t exactly true that they said nothing; I spoke with you directly. We understand that information needs to be disseminated; that happens as soon as we have it.

2 Likes

Seems a bit whiny in here

1 Like

It’s what the Internet is for. Whine & Rage. Rage & Whine.

As far as Red Rocks is concerned. It’s not like there’s a single person who saw that ad and never heard of the coronavirus.

1 Like