Screaming and Crying: The Emo Thread

Not sure how these shows keep happening I thought Conley was cancelled

I mean canceling isnā€™t really a thing

ya man @gatroe letā€™s just hope this means a chance for more out our way in the winter

Was able to snag tickets :muscle:t3:

1 Like

live stream with a go-pro k thx

1 Like

Thats true as long as a year passes by itā€™s cool to be a predatory asshole and sexual abuser

My comment wasnā€™t meant in reference to Chris or StD really, more so just pointing out that when people say ā€œ(person) is canceledā€ it often doesnā€™t really mean anything or frankly isnā€™t true. For as much as the term is used, very few people have actually seen their careers or public images destroyed. Whether thatā€™s good or bad. So yeah, commonly, time passes and people forget.

I will say Iā€™m definitely conflicted. I didnā€™t really expect them to tour again, so I grabbed these tickets and chose to figure out my feelings in the meantime. Everything Iā€™ve read says or implies that CC was in the depths of abuse and metal health issues which, while not an excuse, is context that if he worked to fix I think I personally am willing to forgive.

I wish i had some flyfish in me to start an argument but I donā€™t.

Unfortunately Conley has confirmed what he has been accused of. Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s the only member who was on that album too.

Itā€™s a slippery slope to pick and choose who you want to support/listen to these days. I still think heā€™s a scumbag but Iā€™d probably still go to that show if there was a local one

This IG had all the screenshots from when this blew up

Honestly Iā€™m not sure what weā€™d argue about because I donā€™t really disagree with what youā€™re saying. Trash activity, but people deserve second chances. And it is tough to pick and choose. I try not to tell anyone who they SHOULD support for that same reason. Moral compasses arenā€™t universal.

I personally am more forgiving of someoneā€™s isolated shitty activity than if itā€™s ongoing.

1 Like

Yeah I just followed them to learn more

1 Like

yeah I totally agree. Itā€™s also tough to say what one person did is worse than someone else. You might not think what Conley did is as bad as what Jesse Lacey did. Iā€™m a hypocrite and still listen to both of their bands.

Itā€™s unfortunate that so many people in this genre are just scumbags. Iā€™ll see you in the pit during Freakish bro

1 Like

100% agreed on all that

1 Like

Wow

1 Like

I donā€™t know any of the bands below strawberry Girls

Same Iā€™m just pumped to see TSOAF playing shows

2 Likes

@gatroe found that show you were talking about Saturday

https://youtu.be/Bq-vIy8C7C8

also Iā€™ve decided anyone that doesnā€™t like this has no soul

1 Like

Alien Ant Farm is playing a free show at this fair right now. Never really got into them much but theyā€™re pretty sick

1 Like

Love them, especially ANThology! Bassist is great.

2 Likes