Required Listening

Mother of god I have discovered the Akira jam

2 Likes

I fucking love it so much when somebody finds & accepts the dark side.

Biscuits are both the most rewarding & can also be the most frustrating (jam)band I’ve ever known. When they’re truly dialed in, there really isn’t much better in the current jam music world.

Fell in love pretty hard in 1999/2000, then kinda lost my interest in the 2004/2005 stretch. The couple ‘06 shows I saw were pretty great again, then ‘07-‘10 happened & I was infatuated once more.

I’m so glad they’re back to being a legit force once again. They have always had the ability, but there have been some shaky years for sure.

1 Like

1 Like

:fire:

1 Like

Please help me I’m starting to imagine what it would be like if Magner played for UM…

2 Likes
4 Likes

4/21/07 was one of the first Umphrey’s shows I heard. I’m just now making the connection as to why I really loved that 3x at the time

Okay this inverted song thing really takes the concept of a reprise to another level.

Is this all mapped out ahead of time?

6/10/06 for 3x > Digital Buddha > 3x

2 Likes

On stage setlists will have it notated but the biscuits are unpredictable so in short yes but they can invert songs whenever.

Inverted = End of song>beginning
Dyslexic = They segue into the end of a song (that hasn’t been played yet in the show) then later in the set play the beginning.

1 Like

And the ladies, air song, park avenue, and caterpillar are hitting me hard. If you have go to versions of those let me know

10-23-2007 Ladies

1 Like

2007-10-26 dat spaga

1 Like

The whole 1st set of 10-26-2007 is fire as well, that run from mid October through 11-3 (11-4?) is some raging stuff.

3 Likes

Fuck I am lazy. I didn’t even think to search for this…

You guys have me considering making the trip to Saturday’s show.

4 Likes

Holy shit I love checking this thread to watch sand kings conversion in real time. I’m relatively new to tDB myself but it’s just beautiful to see their reactions to these legendary segments

3 Likes

Yeah this is great! @Sand_King congratulations.

3 Likes

Honestly go listen to this past Saturday’s show. Is it a top 50 Biscuits show? - no but it’s a great representation of where they are at now. superb song selection, plenty of quality improv and features great versions of a couple of the new songs plus buttery transitions and an Ableton jam.

5 Likes