Red Hot Chili Peppers

Coulda sworn we already had a Chili Peppers thread, but guess not.

Their new album, Unlimited Love is announced and the first single Black Summer is out now. So fucking good to hear Frusciante back and as soon as it starts, it just sounds like classic Frusciante Peppers again. Although, Anthony sounds like hes singing in a Scottish accent or something and idk whats up with that

https://youtu.be/OS8taasZl8k

1 Like

Chaaad…

Theres really not a whole lot of music I just straight up dont listen to tbh. Love the chili peppers

2 Likes

Not sure what Keidis is doing on this song but otherwise pretty awesome to hear John back in the mix. Looking forward to checking out the album

1 Like

Love Frusciante’s tone

2 Likes

He’s got to be one of the worst singers ever. JFC. Music is good though

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah I was very thrown off by the vocals, weird music video too. And not in a good way imo. Still super pumped to see the boys back together again and I’m looking forward to their Denver date. The only time I saw them it was on the I’m With You tour when they had Josh Klinghoffer on guitar.

Hoping the setlist trends towards their earlier material and not heavy on new album stuff. Not holding my breath though

1 Like

I wonder if Frusciante is the type of guy thatll just straight up refuse to play anything off of I’m With You or The Getaway. Not a huge fan of those albums, but theyve definitely got a handful of good songs bw those two

Vocals sound heavily filtered and apparently Kiedis has also been trying to improve his vocals (aka learn how to sing).

Agreed, music is good.

i’m excited for the next episode of pat finnerty’s “what makes this song stink” on youtube which will be about dani california. loved all the other episodes he’s put out

Kiedis has never been a great singer…

3 Likes

Never came to the pepps for the vocals that’s for sure. Only here for Flea’s Penis

5 Likes

This song is so bad

1 Like

Frusciante back is an immediate improvement. I want to see the show when they come around but it’s all the way at the fucking 49ers stadium. That shit is over an hour away.

It’s with Beck and Thundercat though which is pretty rad.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Song is pretty bland to me.

I thought The Getaway was a great album

Over an hour isn’t that far to travel

3 Likes

It is when practically every other venue is less than half that travel time from me and I can get to them by either walking or public transit. I’ll have to rent a car for this.

BSSM is one of the best albums of the 90s.

5 Likes