Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

Its actually “Til it pays”

I know bc i saw it myself in KB’s lyric book

8 Likes

Nah bro KB would never write a song about dividing things, especially profits.

2 Likes

All my profits divided, NoooOooOoo

4 Likes

All these bucks are spoken fooooorrrrrr
Til it PAYYYYYSSSSS

5 Likes

Lol I love you guys

4 Likes

You betcha: Fantasy UM Setlist Thread

We should get a dope communal setlist going again. Last time I tried @cshore ruined the fun.

2 Likes

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard anyone say that.

4 Likes

No it isn’t

1 Like

Hmm idk you sure?

He ruined drinking wine straight out the bottle

1 Like

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there! I have been fortunate to go to one Umphrey’s show with my dad and that was way back on 12/29/09 when we were able to attend the show with one of my Dad’s great buddies, Jerry Cummins. We all had a blast but I haven’t got my pops back to a show since for whatever reason. Last night he randomly told me he’d like to go to another UM show sometime soon. I’m super stoked about that. Have a great day, bort dads!

7 Likes

If RR was a week later we could’ve gotten 100 bort fam together and had a private UM show/orgy. Oh well

Don’t hate on my lifestyle choices

1 Like

I don’t think my @ass could handle that.

4 Likes

100% serious question for the audio nerds and engineers on here, especially you @opsopcopolis

Is there a way to mess with the mix on UM boards and reduce jakes volume or take him out all together? I know I’m a self described jake hater sometimes but this isn’t coming from hate, mostly curiosity.

There’s many jams where I feel like I’m straining to hear the cool things Joel and bayliss are doing but I can barely hear them when Jake is so loud.

There’s some newer tech that might allow to pull out a specific instrument (within reason), but I haven’t messed with any of it. In terms of Jake/BB balance, the easiest thing is just take out your left headphone. Chris doesn’t mix them hard L/R, so it won’t completely remove him, but it’ll help you focus more on BB.

@sociablehodor just shoot an email to Chris Mitchell and ask him to turn Joel up

5 Likes

@opsopcopolis While we’re bugging you about this sort of thing… there’s a recording on archive of the last show I saw Jeff Austin play. It has separate tracks with L and R board feeds, as well as an AUD track. Nobody has put it together (either as a studio SBD or matrix) as far as I’m aware. Seems easy enough to do that in Audacity, but not sure how far left or right you balance the L/R board feeds. I’ve played with it a bit and everything sounds reasonable. Sounds like it varies from person to person how it’s done, but I’m curious if there is a typical/common way to approach it.

IMG_5107

3 Likes

Are you saying it’s a SBD source and an audience source separate and want to combine/matrix them?

Depending on how it’s recorded (send links) you would need to time correct one of the sources in order for it to line up correctly due to the time cards on each recording device