Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

Paging @WhatsYourStreamCount.

so technology exists to let bandmates jam together across the interwebs from separate physical locations. how long til the band gets something like this in place and starts offering streams?

I’d say they will capitalize on family time, aside from releasing old stuff I don’t think they’ll have anything going on until this blows over.

The Corona Sessions

2 Likes

good call. definitely can’t blame anyone for choosing family right now. makes me feel like a pig when we have nugs, but man i’d stream a practice session if it meant new jams right now… :joy:

1 Like

Now is as good a time as any to take a deep dive into some older stuff.

1 Like

Doesn’t really allow you to do it in real time. There’s always a very slight delay. Not conducive to really playing together

even the hardware boxes? bummer. i had high hopes for those.

I don’t think it’s the hardware as much as general limitations of networks. Roundtrip latency is too much to really play together in real time… That being said, they all have some sort of in home recording setup and could totally put together some demo+ sorta tracks if they felt like it. Probably prefer to spend time with the kids while they can though

Yeah I think it depends on how long things go. They’ll be happy for family time for awhile, but at some point I expect that either they’ll get together for a week or 2 at a time and record some things, or go into their own studios and collab on new material.

Sadly Opsop is right about the latency…networks just aren’t fast enough to play in real time together. It would be amazing if they were though.

1 Like

Is Time Let’s Go worth picking up to have in the collection? Just recently noticed that the book can be purchased on its own separate from the It’s Not Us deluxe package. I’m intrigued.

Maybe a dumb question, but what does this mean?

Probably like the Clownvis stream but more coherent. But I figure there will be an acoustic guitar, some wine, and some merch giveaways.

thanks so much to Annie and Brendan! that was a lot of fun. just wish we could’ve kept going. Bayliss was just starting to get fired up :joy:

No Surprises was killer.

3 Likes

That was a lot of fun.

2 Likes

THE clownvis? did he do something with umphreys?

Nah, hes been doing streams all week. Gonna start again Monday. I would support a clownvis suckin on a chili dog sit in.

1 Like

thank you for this need to know information. saw him in a suburban illinois bar once, shit was so awesome.

1 Like

Be prepared for a bit of pandering to juggalos. They seem to be most of his financial support these days.