Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Poo)

Wow who would’ve guessed that AFAF would be our improv savior

6 Likes

Took a picture while working at allegiant stadium and later realized it has a um logo

6 Likes

Interesting. My very very limited understanding is that they modulate through chords/keys throughout their improv. And I guess I thought they already used new chords/keys as roots to a new “lego” section so I don’t understand how this is some “recent breakthrough” but I’m an idiot and know nothing.

1 Like

Certainly I don’t think they are strangers to changing keys or modes within a jam, but it sounds like they are intentionally focusing on it now rather than staying in a single key or mode for a whole jam.

2 Likes

Thanks for trying to explain this to me. I bet you want to reach through the computer/phone and strangle me.

Don’t kink shame

1 Like

We all love the band but not everyone is a musician so it’s a good question to ask! Their key changes and improv has sounded much better this past year, especially the summertime

2 Likes

Who said I wasn’t into it?

1 Like

Recent breakthrough, that’s proof enough the biscuits rubbed off on them

2 Likes

I prefer a belt around the neck and trying to finish before I pass out.

1 Like

Found a Famtis yall.

4 Likes

On vacation right now…this still a type 2 chicken and waffles thread? In Nashville so Nashville hot chicken bby

6 Likes

No matter how much shit we talk about the current state of UM, at least they aren’t Corey Feldman. These are the tickets available for his show tomorrow night.

Spoiler

All of them

1 Like

Is this the new bar hahaha

3 Likes

Currently listening to Jaco and BB working that 9/1/08 Great American. Hit me with your favorite acoustic shit…

1 Like

The EAT from that show, so damn good.

9/14/11 Kabump. Pretty unique in that it starts electric but they switch over to acoustic mid 2nd jam before > Dim Sun debut

3 Likes

Probably an obvious answer but Murat Kitchen acoustic > electric is so nasty. Matter of fact I’m going to throw it on right now, really brings me back to a certain time in my life

6 Likes
The chicken and waffle continues

Less good on both the chicken and waffles quality but came with a spicy honey so that’s a plus

3 Likes

Something about the look of that waffle is unsettling to me. Looks too perfect and not cooked enough. The rest of that plate I would definitely eat though.

3 Likes