Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Poo)

C’mon man, it’s a whopping $50 less than Martyr’s in 2012! And that included an open bar, setlist influence, plus limited capacity…factor in inflation this seems like a really good value.

3 Likes

Idk I’ve gotten some decent vip merch items. The pin is the $10 lol item.

Scamp 2014 Eno hammock with straps takes top brass, easily a $75-100 item.

2016 NYE Bluetooth speaker has been great. I’ve used the shit out of it and it still works fine. My wife’s is still in the package unopened.

Aspen 2020 was a winter hat. Probably a $25-$30 merch item at the booth.

The Fanny packs were pretty lame, and I really haven’t ever used the custom light box from Milwaukee 2015.

1 Like

lmao I’m an idiot.

that was the random zip up hoodie included in the Asheville VIP. I remember thinking that was not mentioned anywhere, what’s this all about

1 Like

Yeah zip up hoodies are nice, I think Denver New Years was a North Face jacket one of the years.

1 Like

UMBowl 2021 gas station reusable straw was amazing… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

My favorite VIP merch item was the generic coasters from the Beacon run in 2016 (I think it was 2016 at least).

2 Likes

But do you guys even have yellow foam rock hands and backpacks from UMBowl 2012?

1 Like

I have a backpack but only bc I worked for High Sierra at the time

2 Likes

1/21/18 was the vip giveaway for 2016 Beacon.

2 Likes

Just remembered the 2016 Beacon item was a yeti style coffee tumbler. I used it for years but definitely lame.

The High Sierra backpack I got from RR '12 VIP has gotten a ton of use from me over the years. Basically my concert overnight bag to this day.

3 Likes

Literally the only reason I did VIP was for the hotel reservation and open bar in the VIP section.

1 Like

I’m not the biggest VIP hater after Asheville. 3 gin & tonics and 3 tall boy IPAs in a 45 minute set that crushed. cost me like $10 in tips

3 Likes

Do they still do open bar for Vip? That seems like to only way someone can come close to getting actual value

2 Likes

then getting blackout-edly kicked out during the normal show’s rocotpus opener

5 Likes

I was drunker and more tired than I would have preferred because of it.

1 Like

Anyone who says “I don’t understand what I bought” doesn’t really deserve any sympathy. Sorry :man_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

In the future, every restaurant is Taco Bell.

9 Likes

Yeah, but an hour of open bar isn’t time for much. No clue how @snuckaskitchen managed 3 G&Ts and 3 tall boy IPAs in that timeframe. Sounds pretty miserable actually. That’s a good chunk of time spent ordering drinks (albeit no line), peeing, and trying not to throw up with a giant belly’o’liquid.

3 Likes