Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Pee)

I would have absolutely loved this 4 night run due to this. They have SO many songs they hardly play and ones they play way too much.

9 Likes

One of these days you’re gonna get your front porch

3 Likes

3 Likes

With the drum set on the left, that could be any band. Doesn’t seem like UM though. Just an UM bro in the crowd?

2 Likes

After a closer look. Def not UM lol

3 Likes

Didn’t even look at the band in the background, that is definitely not um lmao

4 Likes

Probably Goose or PPPP

Haven’t had a chance to check out 7/7 or listen back to the other 3 yet, but of those 3 I’d probably go:

7/5
7/4
7/6

Just a really fun weekend. I loved the unique song selection/digging a bit deeper (jo) in the catalog.

6 Likes

Glad you had a good time, Kyle.

3 Likes

Great run of shows to go to. Listened to all 4 shows and really enjoyed them.

4 Likes

It’s kind of fucked up Umphreys won’t play Austin anymore. Multiple cancellations and rescheduled to never happen dates since 2018. Literally 6.5 years minimum between the 2018 show and the next one. Texas in January would be the soonest they could play it based on current intel around the rest of 2024.

1 Like

Well, their popularity has declined…

4 Likes

not as much as j.lo’s popularity, from what i hear

2 Likes

That Antones Nightclub show is going to hit so hard when it happens though

3 Likes

There are a ton of new venues that could accommodate them in Austin that are the right capacity. I’d like to see them do two or three nights at a 1200-1500 cap venue in Austin. Really bummed I missed 2018 at the Moody Theater where they do the ACL Live tapings. They’ll never play there again.

Some dude i was talking to in line gave me a huge dip minutes before they came out and told us the 2023 show was canceled. Luckily STS9 was in town the same night and i wasnt actually in town for a music trip which softened the blow a bit, but that was still a bummer moment

This is where they moved the Biscuits too after Far Out Lounge didn’t sell well. My buddy booked them I wonder if he could put an offer in for Umphreys.

https://empireatx.com/garage-3/

1050 capacity at 7th and Red River basically right near Stubbs.

1 Like

Looking forward to my trip down there for KGLW in November. Its at the Germania Insurance Ampitheater. Never been to that place, but primetime of year for an outdoor show in Texas

2 Likes

We only listen to the biscuits down here now.

5 Likes

It’s Moon Taxi

4 Likes