Punch Brothers

New material alert! It’s gonna be a “re-imagining” Tony Rice’s Church Street Blues. Announcement accompanied with a slew of tour dates.

New single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytbMZUcurI

1 Like

very interested to check this out. those guys are great and it’s cool to see a tribute project that has potential not to be just rehash for $$$.

They’re one of my favorite bands. I’m surprised we didn’t already have a thread.

I’ll unfortunately miss the next tour when I’m in Cancun but I’m seeing Chris Thile solo in a couple weeks. Stoked for that.

Dude, hype for you. I’ve been fortunate to see a bunch of Chris Thile projects, and his solo show was one the blew me away the most

This thread needs more posts. Phosphorescent Blues is a masterpiece

2 Likes

Real tough to choose a favorite. Every album has so much to offer. I might lean towards Antifogmatic though.

Can’t really go wrong with any of them except for the first album which I don’t really consider as much a part of the catalog considering they ignore it completely in their setlists.

I want to see a Thile and Hull duo tour. That would make me very happy.

2 Likes

All about any Chris Thile project. Seen PB about 11 times, Chris solo once, nickel creek twice and Chris and brad mehldau once. I’ll never not stop trying to see him. Certified genius.

2 Likes

This is dope.

1 Like

Gotta say this tour is a little disappointing. Way too much collab on stage when you just wanna see Punch Bros rip. Sarah Jarosz obviously doesn’t limit them but Watchhouse is so far behind musically that I feel the band needs to dumb it down quite a bit when they join them. Also only one song from the new album which I think is one of their best honestly.

Still never disappointing to see them in action. But I wanted more. Glad I saw the evening with show in Oakland back in January.

I disagree pretty hard. That’s what the American acoustic tours are all about; collaboration on each other’s songs, playing traditional, etc… I was pleasantly surprised by Watchouse and thought it was a nice contrast of styles to Punch Bros

1 Like

I love watchhouse (formerly mandolin orange) and would have loved to see them on this tour.
I am getting very hype to see punch at sacred rose. I saw PB or a Chris Thile project at least once a year from 2010-2019 and then Covid happened. Been jonesing hard.

Excited for the Bela Fleck/PB shows they just announced.

2 Likes

Small chance I’ll make the Indy show happen.

hot damn.

2 Likes

Not strictly PB, but wish this tour was coming further west. Kinda wondering if they’ll hit the amphitheaters around Telluride

2 Likes

Yessssssss

1 Like

Fuck yessssss

You’re telling me I get to do nickel creek>Bela fleck>Gizz>drive to Colorado>um co run?!?

1 Like

I really enjoyed them last time they played Milwaukee, but it is so hard for me to sit down at shows. I got yelled at by 40 people at least because I was the only one partying standing up and having a great time by myself in the balcony at the Riverside.

3 Likes

Code for the presale is CELEBRANTS