Plan Bee Tour

I would much rather have my car than be stuck in a pod.

Pod shows are definitely better IMO, makes it feel more like a real show and the venues Iā€™ve been to have been significantly better than the drive in venues (Pontiac excluded). Definitely hit a wall with the pod shows in legend valley this weekend, too constricting and far too big of a task to get all the homies in one spot. We ended up ripping off the tape on the couple pods this weekend and the pods around us followed suit, it really opened up the area and made the show that much more enjoyable. Hope we never have to deal with pod or drive in shows after this summer.

4 Likes

I went to one drive in show and immediately swore off of them forever

I think my opinion is tainted because my broke ass friends donā€™t have cars and I always ended up driving. Could never really take advantage of the BYOB aspect

I almost went to Spafford but then I decided I didnā€™t want to split a pod with people I donā€™t know very well to jam out in the parking lot of an infamously heavy handed venue when it comes to weed.

1 Like

Agree about drive ins, except itā€™s the only chance I have to see UM this year, unless they announce more.

Though after the heat of today and tomorrow this my be the beginning and end of my drive in show days.

Drive in shows are great if you like to drink and have a sober driver

6 Likes

yeah I could see how that dampens the experience.

I just love being able to bring my own cooler and beer, a bunch of food and have a secure place to sit down for 40 seconds every 30-40 mins.

1 Like

Iā€™m with everyone here. Drive in not ideal (especially in 95+ degrees), but will be my first UM show in 2 years. Iā€™ll be rocking it with @solvethebox. Letā€™s do it!!

2 Likes

lmao my buddy would be sitting in his car with the AC blasting (just like how he sleeps at fests)

2 Likes

DJ deepdish > Everyone else on the bort > @sociablehodor

10 Likes

Pod shows feel much more like real shows and less of a hassle to plan but I still think I might ever so slightly lean drive in because I can have a handle of Titoā€™s on me at all times lol

1 Like

At this point I would rather pay $9 for a beer if that meant I never have to attend another drive in show. The byob aspect just isnā€™t enough for me to want them to stick around.

I think it just depends on how much you drink. If I was someone who drank maybe 2-4 durng a show, sure. But I usually drink more like 12-14 at a show, so my wallet loves them.

6 Likes

Also I will add Iā€™ve gotten pretty lucky with spots at drive ins. I would hate them if I was in C where you hear people talking more than the show

What are the big negatives about drive in shows?

Weā€™ve been in the last row at Bridgeview and the sound/view was fine.

1. Someone has to drive
  2. Planning
  3. Sound
  4. Canā€™t see
1 Like

View was fine? Of a screen or the stage?

I would say the biggest con, at least for me, is it requires more planning than usual. I am very much a last minute, fly by the seat of my pants kind of guy, so that can get annoying, especially during those early ones when the thought of 1-2 person spots were unheard of.

1 Like

both. maybe we just got lucky becasue we could see straight through to the stage, granted we were far and it was pointless to watch but we could still see those ants standing up and jammin

1 Like