Neighbor

Woulda been awesome. Hes some big old wook from Boston with a purple beard. All about some Neighbor. Was ripped on L. He sold me a ticket for @WhoDatVols

1 Like

Navigating the phone call with you while you were negotiating with dude was quite the scene. Especially walking around ATL mid balloon rips. Hell of a night tho

4 Likes

Neighbor is cool. Their bass player is a cool dude. Their quick growth while being the same age as my band stresses me out lol. They’re good players though obviously Lyle is great.

When New Motif kicked out their guitarist they hit me up presumably to audition but I had just moved out here. The guy they went with Tyler Arnott is a fantastic guitarist tbh. It’s been interesting seeing that band take more of a backseat to Neighbor but I think I like Neighbor a little more overall

1 Like

Heard him mention taking L numerous times to different people. He really needed everyone to know.

4 Likes

First rule about ego death: Tell everybody you experienced ego death.

6 Likes

He also told me his kids are gone and his wife moved out and that there was plenty of room for wooks to crash at his house. He fam.

Ill hit him up 100% if im ever in Boston

6 Likes

That’s cool that they asked you, from what I’ve heard you would have been a good fit but I’m glad you’re doing your thing out there and making it work! Tyler is excellent but TBH I think he sounds too much like Trey which makes the “they sound like a phish clone” hard to argue against when I play them for people because … yes they often do (I still like them anyway). But that does a disservice to other band members who definitely don’t. Their keyboardist/sax player Cory is an absolute monster on both instruments, his synth playing is amazing.

They didn’t explicitly ask so I could be presumptuous. Right after they kicked their dude out they basically just started asking me what my life situation was. They were a little too Phish for my vibe at the time but either way I had just moved out here. Seems like Neighbor is the bass player’s priority regardless

A small SoCal band I’ve been seeing a lot GrooveSession opened for Neighbor a few months ago at a small beach club. Had no idea who Neighbor was and didn’t go. I fucked up.

Also GrooveSession has been getting very good with their newest lineup. Worth checking out imo

https://youtu.be/RtDRjEez0M4

This is preeeetty damn good, especially the jam on the song at 13:45

1 Like

Fixin’to see Neighbor again this Saturday.

2 Likes

Neighbor is dope.

4 Likes

Caught “wife” listening to Neighbor.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss or congrats I guess idk

2 Likes
2 Likes

Basically Savannah

Savannah lite.

Savlantah

1 Like