Lotus

We’ll see. Not posting this as a brag but Tim has always been a big supporter of me and someone sent me this the other day and it almost made me cry lol. I literally love Tim, he’s always been there to talk with me about music, life as a musician and just general life advice. I’m so happy he’ll have a gig doing bigger things now, nobody deserves that as much as he does

7 Likes

yeah whatever, “sultan”. have you jerked off in his room and been given his broken guitar neck that you’ve defiled and made a plunger? doesn’t sound like that big of a supporter.

5 Likes

classic @cshore making this Timmy P announcement about him

1 Like

big moment for me for sure

8 Likes

Yeah I know we all talked about you when he played at @mja271’s backyard

3 Likes

Imagine moving from some DMB chad’s backyard to a 4th tier jam band

2 Likes

lmao literally the entire show we talked about @cshore . good times

1 Like

Oh man and the things Timmy P said in private

giphy

3 Likes

11 Likes

He was already talking about Bayliss not hearing the distinction between the bVII and the V and there’s a lot of awkward harmony because of that

1 Like

what’s the rest of it say?

'Don’t know if Tim was feeling too good though. He was real sweaty and looked pale as he said that…"

2 Likes

10 Likes

Never gets old

4 Likes

I feel like I need to do a complete breakdown and analysis of this text message. I could easily write a 30 page essay.

3 Likes

Mike’s little riffs are what defines the lotus “sound” for me. Not that I’m a huge Lotus guy, but sucks to see him go. Sure other dude is fine, but their sound is going to change a lot.

Oh well, though, set break is over. Biscuits are a million times better anyways.

1 Like

Brothers Past > Sonic Gymnastics > Lotus > bisco

1 Like

I do love me some old Lotus, tho. Those vibes were thick.

Yeah big fan of older Lotus as well. Big time agree on Rempel though. Loved his style but post 08 Lotus (or whenever Hammerstrike came out) never hit as much as the older stuff. Germination was one of the first jam band albums that really stuck with me.

I just hope they let Timmy P do his thing but I have a feeling he’s going to end up being more reserved as opposed to his playing in The Breakfast and Kung Fu.

I’m listening to Lotus for the first time in maybe a decade.

1 Like

Yep 08 was definitely the turning point. Once Peaceblaster came out and STS9 started doing those dog shit PA sets, Lotus really tried to capitalize on that more aggressive EDM sound. Then once Bassnectar blew up it was all over.

1 Like