King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I might be there. Doing the next two NY nights but I have someone trying to talk me into anthem as well.

2 Likes

If anyone is looking for Live in London or Live in SF LPs, Sound of Vinyl has em both for 60% off ($14-16)

1 Like

Oh hell yeah Dopapod covered Rattlesnake the other night

9 Likes

ftfy

My friend hosted a King Gizzard party tonight. Up there with one of the nerdiest things I’ve been to in all the best ways. I’m only a casual king gizzard fan, but loved it. Chronological listening of bits and pieces of every album, interspersed with fun facts, artist quotes, and history of the band relating to each album. He has a fairly complete record collection of their discography and filled it out for the night by borrowing a few missing ones from friends. Had music videos in the background for some, and whatever he didn’t have on vinyl, he opted to show live versions.

People dressed up for it. He was Han Tyumi (the cyborg in overalls in the fishing for fishies album artwork, and apparently a recurring character in their albums). I simply clipped some pillow fluff to my hair to go as my interpretation of “mind fuzz.”

Potluck of course. He supplied the hot dogs (glizzies) and his “wife” baked Lamingtons, which are a big dessert in Australia. I dubbed my pepper jack Mac&cheese “Mystery Jack Mac.”

He dove deep into the Gizzverse lore and explained his theory on everything and how all the albums are connected for a solid 10-15 minutes. By the end of 4+ hours of it, we wrapped up, but had only made it a third of the way through the discography. To be continued I suppose.

He’s ridiculous and I love him.

13 Likes

This is dope. I should do something like this. My love of the band is so strong that many of my friends are curious and want to listen to them but don’t know where to start. One of my friends is kind of blindly going into the Frost show later this year. He likes them but I know seeing them live will truly convert him. My favorite band right now.

This sounds like a fun time. I’m curious how the below was delivered. Sounds like dude is hopping up to give a presentation every 15 min or something

2 Likes

I think he was going to send me his notes. I’ll ask if he’s ok with me sharing them. But yeah, when we would switch albums he’d share some artist quotes about that album specifically, any key things to listen for, or new things the band was trying with that album.

1 Like

Someone posted this on reddit and I feel like an idiot, but I never noticed that the tracklist for Changes in fact spells out the word CHANGES

3 Likes

That makes two of us

1 Like

Ordered a Gizz shirt online from an independent seller and it came with Gizz temp tattoos. Hell ya.

5 Likes

Super solid Amby track

4 Likes

Gizz in Spain next year for my birthday. Might consider it if I can save up. For people that have been there, how are flight prices?

2 Likes

Around 1k

Just scoped the dates. A birthday in Bulgaria with King Gizz could be fun.

1 Like

Depends where you fly from, probably $500-$1k. Well worth it. Spain rules.

1 Like

Oh shit the Bulgaria venue is an ancient Roman amphitheatre from the first century.

4 Likes

Damn looks sick

Definitely reminds me of theaters I saw in Greece that still have events

5 Likes

My group has some extras for the 2 Queens shows if anyone is interested

1 Like

Lemme know how it is. They’re ending their tour in Madison in October

1 Like