Jamband Cringe Thread

8 Likes

After a little wiki trip, I can see being born to a guy that named you Jesus Christ would be the beginning of a very dysfunctional life. Guy never had a chance to be slightly normal.

3 Likes

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

GG Allin, born Jesus Christ Allin was an insane junkie drifter sex offender sociopath who fronted a really shitty punk band. He usually performed in a jock strap or nude. He had a comically small penis. He would shit onstage and roll around in it or throw it into the crowd. He’d also bash his own face with his microphone and then shove it up his ass. Most shows were very short and were more of a spectacle. Allin OD’d during an after party and fans were taking pics with him not knowing he was dead.

Todd Phillips made a decent documentary about him called Hated.

This song is about the time the Drive By Truckers heard an elderly couple reading about a GG Allin show in the Memphis paper when they were at a diner.

11 Likes

Beat me to it

1 Like

according to Bloody Mess, the first on-stage shitting was at a VFW just outside of Peoria, IL. This is a fun article about it.

4 Likes

Man I love the Truckers

2 Likes

I’ve gotten to see them play that song twice, once on their acoustic storytelling tour and Patterson talked about him and Cooley getting breakfast and laughing uncontrollably at two elderly squares reading about GG.

1 Like

That’s awesome. Haven’t heard that one live before. Are you going to any of the Southern Rock Opera shows they just announced? I’m away on vacation when they come by my region, I was pretty bummed about that. That album is what hooked me.

1 Like

Yep. They are doing two nights here. Planning on hitting one of those.

1 Like

legend.

1 Like

Goodness, never delved too deeply into GG Allin or his song lyrics. This seems a bit autobiographical.

"Laying on the floor in a pool of blood and cum
My demons lay beside as I kiss them one by one
Then on that day I met a force that nothing will compare
I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there

My daddy was a powerful soul back in '56
My mother was a virgin when she first felt his prick
Then on August 29th, baby Jesus Christ was born
An alien to the world, he was set out to destroy

I’m the son of evil, the god of fire in hell
I’m the son of evil, the one you’ll never know
As I look into your eyes, you only cry for help
I want to paralyze you 'cause I only love myself"

1 Like

Sup

NYE 2014 and 3/14/18 are still my favs. Haven’t listened to these 7 in the past 6 months or whatever. I don’t listen to UM anymore except domino from Norfolk

1 Like

7 Likes

Self-acclaimed #MentallyWoke wook getting prepped for TDB in Atl…

2 Likes

I’m fine with this

They probably wont be in 5 years

4 Likes

IMO tats on fingers are kinda hard to pull off already, but she puts the word Umph on her hand. Most people are gonna wonder wtf an Umph is. Furthermore, some of those letters look awful and the O isn’t closed.

2 Likes

Hey l have that same shirt!! COOL!!!

1 Like

It should probably say U M ’ S L O V E

3 Likes