Jack White

Anyone here catch one of the shows from this tour? Setlists have been looking really good. I’m going this Saturday in CO and couldn’t be more excited.

Never seen any of his projects before and his latest album is probably my album of the year already.

He was just in town Monday I think but I did not go. I’ve never been too huge on any of his projects post the White Stripes. Caught them at Bonnaroo in 2007 - was a really good show. Meg White is from my hometown. Hope you have a good time!

1 Like

my only time seeing the white stripes.

i liked raconteurs quite a bit, and pissed at myself i didn’t go to atlantic city HOB for the dr.dog/raconteurs show in 2006.

2 Likes

I’m still pissed I didn’t do Delta Spirit>Dr. Dog>Umphrey’s at Red Rocks in 2013. I had just started a new job at the end of April that year and didn’t think I could swing it so close but I should have made it happen.

we were knee deep in final wedding planning that summer and missed everything fun, but yeah, i kind put up a mental block on that RR show and forgot it happened.

(did get DD & UM on the same stage earlier that spring at mcdowell mtn music fest tho)

anyway, back on topic… i thought i had a collection of jack white recordings pre-white stripes, but i cant find it

1 Like

2013 was a great summer…my first time going to the Gorge for Phish and Horning’s for Cheese the weekend after…that was a great back to back set of concerts. I did some STUM tour that year too after missing out on the whole 2008 one while I was in Europe. I honestly feel like 2022 might be the best summer yet though!

I saw the Raconteurs when they went on tour after the latest album and they threw the fuck down. Killer rock show.

I got to see The Raconteurs on the Consoler of the Lonely tour, it was tight. Only time I’ve seen Jack White, need to see him again.

I saw the Raconteurs the summer before Covid. Great show but it was still light outside when the show ended which was really weird.

I know there’s a lot of haters on here but god damn I love the white stripes. I recently bought a few of their records and it’s my first time giving them significant listening time in over a decade. White Stripes rule.

I still can’t get into Jack Whites solo stuff. The simplicity and catchy riffs and hooks of the classic stripes catalog is what I’m all about.

Big fan of The Dead Weather too. Allison Mosshart is a babe.

i do like the raconteurs and white stripes. dead weather and solo stuff hasn’t caught my interest at all

One of my longtime best friends is second cousins with Jack White.

This is my contribution to this thread

1 Like

This album is awesome, kinda a hidden Jack White gem.

New Orleans last Friday was great.

• Taking Me Back
  • Fear of the Dawn
  • Black Math
  • The White Raven
  • The Hardest Button to Button
  • A Tip from You to Me
  • Offend in Every Way
  • Trash Tongue Talker
  • Love Is Selfish
  • Hi-De-Ho
  • That Black Bat Licorice
  • I Cut Like a Buffalo
  • Hotel Yorba
  • We’re Going to Be Friends
  • Ball and Biscuit

ENCORE

• Steady, as She Goes
  • What’s the Trick?
  • Seven Nation Army

Short show? Or is he extending stuff?

About 2 hours, I guess. I wasn’t watching the clock, they only sell 24 oz beers at the New Orleans Fillmore…

Songs were extended, but nothing crazy.

1 Like

Lol, just found another setlist source that had more songs. Editing now. I am no where near a big enough fan to have kept my own.

1 Like

Gotcha, just was curious , looked like not a lot of songs

Raconteurs is top tier rock and roll. I know Jack White released two solo albums this year and I’ve given both a listen but they haven’t really stuck with me. His first two solo albums are good, but nothing after that has really grabbed me.

Got free tickets for the show last night in OKC on a whim. I was at the record shop down the street from my house 3 hours before the show and in walks Jack White! He bought some vinyl and gave the dude at the counter some free tickets, which I got a pair.

I liked the “no phone” policy (you put your phone in a bag thing). Setlist was mixed with solo stuff (which I’m not familiar with the most), Raconteurs, Dead Weather and White Stripes tunes. Great show and energy.

1 Like