How Undersold Will Miami Be?

Looks like 2,400 capacity. I’m guessing they sell 1,800 tickets a night max for this run. Seeing people bailing left and right on social media and seems like the band is pushing for ticket sales through the constant ads and emails I’ve seen for these shows. Gives off a desperate look from my perspective. That being said, I wish I was going. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure this would be mad fun, but I’ll honestly probably have more fun in Tahoe.

3 Likes

Funny that everyone was raving about the choice if they don’t go. I hate the beach, so it never appealed to me.

3 Likes

When they first announced it, flights from PDX to MIA on Southwest were just shy of $800. Since then, they’ve only gone up. It doesn’t help us in the PacNW they chose to play the complete opposite end of the country. They couldn’t get much farther than Miami. If it had been anywhere close to reasonably priced, I would have strongly considered going. But dropping $3,000+ on a New Years run was a bit delusional of me.

2 Likes

Loved the idea. Still do. But they were slow to pull the trigger and SCI got my $$.

2 Likes

It’ll just be Wade and Sultan in full on joint jerk

3 Likes

Think I saw Fux is playing a late night after STS9 in Atlanta, so hopefully Miami attendees will not have Sultan to contend with.

3 Likes

My buddy bought 8 tickets and an AirBnB but everybody slowly dropped out when it came to book so we bailed all together. Late notice + pricey location = bad news bears

3 Likes

2 Likes

What’s happening in Miami?

2 Likes

Party in the city where the heat is on all night on the beach til the break of dawn

12 Likes

Miami would have been a great New Years destination for us. (Easy place to convince the wife to go visit) However, being new parents there isn’t a chance in hell we could swing any out of town concerts at this time.

2 Likes

Bro you gotta welcome your baby to the party

4 Likes

The kid will be with his custy dad in Aspen.

4 Likes

Never been to Miami so I’d rather be at these shows for NYE than any other shows going on. This is probably the only chance fans will have tho.

Its always been a headscratcher since the 2020 rumor first surfaced. They didnt sell well at this venue on a Saturday night in August let alone trying to do 3 nights.

3 Likes

Good point. I think the band is really banking on the traveling fans. Many people are chomping at the bit to travel after pandemic, but risky when prices are so damn high to do so.

Also a bad idea because the band doesn’t have a lot of organic support in the town like a run in Chicago, Denver, Atlanta etc.

3 Likes

I was pretty much sold on doing NYE anywhere. But Miami might be the most expensive city to travel to for NYE (barring Vegas and NYC maybe), so I opted out. Doesn’t seem like anyone on the bort is going and I personally know no one remotely interested in it

2 Likes

Yup. I know zero people doing this run.

6 Likes

I would definitely be doing NYE if it wasn’t in Miami

3 Likes

I know more people selling their tickets for this run than I know still going.

1 Like