Favorite show that you attended

favorite show to listen back to probably 1/27/11 or 11/2/11. Favorite show in the moment was probably Hampton Beach 2014. Wild crowd and solid show

4 Likes

5 Likes

It’s no wonder you are jaded when in the same year you caught two of the best UM shows ever

3 Likes

10/18/12 Rochester
5/3/14 UMBowl

7/6/05 Summerfest

2 Likes

Honestly these are my answers too except I wasn’t at 11/2. 1/27/11 is a top 3 all timer but I was gonzo for most of the 2nd set so I don’t remember a lot of it, but that HBC show in 2014 was rowdyAF. Honorable mention for 10/18/13 at the Calvin, not talked about much but that show had so much great energy in the room that night.

1 Like

2/10/06- i fluff this show all the fucking time, because it’s the best, but this was my 2nd show and the one that showed me what the umphreys was capable of

10/3/09- the first show that I knew everything that was was happening in the moment. Just incredible jams.

4/28/12- Marty’s show, nuff said

7/2/16- road trip with just my brother and I and that show was just incredible. The speak up > water is one of my favorite umphreys moments

Iceland run- after finally getting back to some normalcy from covid, and my wife and I getting back together after our seperation and just having an adventure. Plus meeting so many great people including @chicagostylehotdog and his wife and @Jolson and his wife. A trip I’ll never forget

4 Likes

12/1/07 - line my 10th or so show. First one where it all really clicked

Langerado ‘08 - feeling the storm approach during that Wappy jam was wild

Vegas ‘12

Martyr’s ‘12

2/1/14 - something felt different at this show

1 Like

I’m a noob, and it wasn’t the “best” show I’ve seen, but 3/17/16 in Aspen was killer. Not really any amazing individual jams, but the whole show and setlist flowed so great. That 2nd set just had me in awe the whole set. Just something about that night, walked out in disbelief.

7/19/07 10klf, Birthday show
T C show, Northern Michigan craziness…
Auditorium Theatre Run, proposed to my now wife a couple days before the run
All of Iceland.

and the great cliché “The next one!”

8 Likes

That 2016 Aspen run was a whole hell of a lot of fun. Top 2 favorite Aspen runs imo for sure. I sat in the vip section one of the nights and felt super baller eating a pulled pork sandwich watching them play.

4 Likes

Brag about it why don’t ya

1 Like

7/23/17 Peoria @ CEFCU Center Stage

It was outdoor and the 3rd show of a 3 night run from Northerly Island > Indiana @ The Lawn > Peoria. The NI show got cancelled a few songs in because of a downpour. I got my first Red Tape at the Lawn, that RT from 2014 @ The Riviera is what fully pulled me over to UM. Got really emotional when they started playing it. I was also pretty unstable at this point in my life. My little brother and I were the only ones from the crew that went to the Peoria show. I’d say the most complete show I’ve been too, and the show with the most highlights, to me at least.

By that show I was already half out of my mind, just a mess. Finished that night with a visit from the ice cold fatty express, and I was fucked. On our way to whitewater my and brother were probably feet away from running out of gas. We go to the gas station, we have $0 and we’re kind of panicking, strung out as fuck. Fortunately a random credit card worked and we got out of there.

I dropped my brother off in Whitewater and attempted to drive home. I just remember being lost as fuck and just… being okay with it. After an hour or so of roaming I pulled into a gas station and got my shit together. Don’t do jdope.

But yeah that show was fucking amazing, great ATN, my favorite Onward and Upward, that Push the Pig jam that turned into one of the new stews from last UMBowl, an incredible Wappy, and a super dancy/funky Fir jam. First Eat, first Kula, End of the Road / OoO encore. High replay value

I’ll add favorite run to this too. It’s a toss up between my first NYE 2016 in Chicago, or my first 3 night run ever, Riverside 2015. I forced my brother to go to the first night, he skipped night two, came back for more night three on Halloween, and he’s been with me basically every show since then.

2 Likes

Sacramento 3/18/2012 always pops up in my head when this topic comes up. Only time I’ve ever seen them do a double encore because the crowd was so wild. Great intimate venue in Harlow’s too.

1 Like

2006-02-24
2006-05-01
2007-06-30
2009-08-27
2009-08-28
2010-04-24
2012-04-28

2 Likes