Fall Tour 2021

Thanks buddy.

Normally would be. 2nd Minneapolis show I’ll have missed since I moved here in 2006. But family is…

6 Likes

But our FAM is…

6 Likes

RIP Scotty W the panic wook.

My favorite Scotty W joke:

“Why did the rainbow family kids cross the road?”

To steal all your fucking shit

3 Likes

The Pageant in St. Louis announced today that proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test (within the previous 72 hours) are required to enter the venue. Facemasks are required regardless :clap::clap::clap:

11 Likes

I may split them up if someone doesn’t want all 4

1 Like

Awesome to see, especially in such an ass backwards state. Legit shocked the Riverside show isn’t doing this

4 Likes

Volunteering for a big bike race up here so can’t make it. But yep COVID….

7 Likes

Thanks for posting that. This is the one show on this run I was still a little nervous about.

3 Likes

After seeing Phish and Panic last week, and seeing both bands play very well, the mediocrity of these recent summer UM shows have started to bother me. Hoping Midwest couch tour brings me back but feels like a snooze fest ever since the tier 1 bands have hopped back on tour

7 Likes

Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior Barber?

6 Likes

I honestly think I’m done with Umphreys after this weekend. I’m sure I’ll go back at some point, but I’m not going to travel for this band and spend my hard earned money to be continually let down. This weekend was probably the worst 2 consecutive UM shows I’ve seen. I’m over it. Catch me on Panic and Biscuits tour. StonedJackFluffer out.

11 Likes

I’m much more excited to meet tons of borters this week than I am for the shows.

5 Likes

You have seen the light and now you are fucked

1 Like

Welcome to 2014

11 Likes

It just sucks with the consistency of Panic, and the very high highs of Phish, and then there’s UM where I’m just relieved it was an average show and one song went over 12 minutes

1 Like

So what makes Panic more consistent than UM? I dont listen to Panic and have only seen them once, so I’m curious.

They have a vibe and they fucking nail it. They may not have the deep, interesting type 2 improv like other bands…but they write good songs to make up for it. They craft creative setlists, play tasteful covers, etc. They’re not for everybody, I totally get that. And I really don’t even consider them a jam band. They’re a straight up rock n roll band.

Having said that they jammed more last night than I’ve heard from them in years. The Party at Your Mama’s house in the first set and the jam out of Surprise Valley into Maggot Brain were particularly good.

4 Likes

I can’t ever get into modern Panic, but if they are close enough I’ll go drink whiskey and catch some dudes make out with their cousins. But I also respect that they are still doing their thing after all this time.

1 Like

SJB articulated it very well. For me, you know what you’re getting into (herring shredding, some well-selected covers, JB barely annunciating) and it’s just downright fun even without the type 2. Plus they have my favorite original compositions of any band still playing in the scene by a large margin

1 Like