Dopapod

lolol just what Bayliss would say

1 Like

I’m SHRN

6 Likes

Spent 5hrs driving tonight to see the boys in a literal cowboy town near Palm Springs and Joshua Tree. Called Pioneertown. Absolutely listen to the tracks when they hit nugs.

The location:

Summary

It’s actually a pretty awesome venue, total dive bar vibe with a janky little stage

Summary

Had some good photos posted too…surprised to see McCartney

Summary

Anyways I walked straight up to front and center with 5min before the show started, nobody fighting for rail access the whole time

Summary

The guys played an amazing show, like truly one to listen to…and I could not have had a better spot

Summary

Managed to not only snag a setlist, also got my vinyl cover signed by Chuck and Neal

Summary

The guy standing next to me was chosen by Rob to choose the encore since it was his 140th show and he had traveled from Connecticut…also was there for Eli’s bachelor party this weekend. He and I talked for a min and turns out he’s mkdevo lol…good dude…said the footage would be hitting YouTube

Chuck and Neal were both super nice. Chuck joked with me about “I hope you didn’t buy tickets for LA, we’re gonna be playing for 20min and it’s not worth it” and Neal asked about where I drove in from and we talked about how weird the location was…both were happy to hear I’d be seeing them again local next Thursday, and were grateful I made the trek up

Best band on the scene

My tracking, but might be wrong (show was 1 set and ~2hrs 10min)

Trickery > PIP, live in the dream → knobs, Fannie > never there (cake) > bats > 386? , doggie > flipped, encore: faba

8 Likes

I thought you were out of town that weekend? I think I’m going to stick around that Sunday for Dopapod

1 Like

Was about to say that it looked like mkdevo was in one of those pics you took so this will probably end up on YouTube soon

1 Like

Fuck yeah!

I’m going to Ann Arbor that weekend but driving back that morning.

1 Like

Ohh that’s good that you’ll miss the UM shows and catch a real band on Sunday

1 Like

Love this so much

1 Like

One thing I didn’t add about the show in pioneertown last night (that I loved) is that it was maybe the most off the grid I’ve been in like 10 years. Like not just the location was remote, there wasn’t even a hint of cell service and no venue wifi. Didn’t get a single bar of service until maybe 10 miles of driving back towards civilization.

Also there were storms out over the desert because every 2-3 seconds the sky would illuminate with lightening…really cool to see when you’re somewhere with no street lights and super minimal light pollution.

4 Likes

Pioneertown show is up, that Picture in Picture is just as amazing as I remember.

5 Likes

Good to hear! Probably my fav tune of theirs

Damn, this is a pretty great show start to finish (including the FABA encore). Bluetooth was my JOTS.

1 Like

FYI - tickets for these cervs shows are $10 right now with promo code “RAGE”. E-mail I got said limited tickets available with that code.

@bluish @stringz @cshore @dtbar1 @James

3 Likes

Good looking out! Pretty original promo code, I wonder how they came up with that.

I have been meaning to buy these though, but glad I waited for this promo. Just purchased now for 10/29. Thanks!

1 Like

Odds are high I’ll be in Nola for Gizzard

Damn, Chuck wasn’t kidding when he said they’d only play for like 20min in LA…so glad I didn’t buy that ticket…and so glad I’m seeing them again in like 4hrs.

2 Likes

Oof

1 Like

Guess i was lucky to get 45 min in chi

Maybe you should’ve gone:

4 Likes

Confirmed type 1 fluffer lol

4 Likes