Dark/Untzy Biscuits Jams

Hey friends, I’ve been listening to Who’s In Charge from SR a lot and loving it. Since this is a biscuits board, can you all help me out and share some darker and/or untzy Biscuits jams for me to explore? Doesn’t necessarily have to be similar to this WIC jam, but I do really dig that one.

2 Likes

4/19/08 Set 2
10/26/07 Bazaar Escape → Spaga
6/27/09 palindrome has some dark moments
10/23/07 Munchkin → Abraxas
10/29/99 Little Shimmy
9/22/09 Orch Theme
12/3/00 Humuhumunukunukuapua’a
11/1/07 Astronaut
9/6/15

6 Likes

Fall 2007 was the darkest tour for the Biscuits. Here are some of my favorites. There is some attendance biases with some of these. I wouldnt listen to any of these while driving a car. Legit.

10/19/07 - Triumph → Astronaut
10/23/07 - Munchkin Invasion → Abraxas
10/26/07 - Bazaar Escape → Spaga (ending)
11/03/07 - spacebirdmatingcall → Abraxas
03/03/08 - Rock Candy
01/31/09 - Pygmy Twilight → Abraxas
02/15/09 - Iman → And the Ladies Were the Rest of the Night

6 Likes

Noticed @snuckaskitchen already had two of the Fall '07 bangers since he is a 'G

4 Likes

One key thing to keep in mind when dipping your tip in the Biscuits is that most recommendations you get will be segments, as opposed to a single song like with UM. This is primarily because they are more known for jamming in-and-out of songs.

Dont get too caught up in inverted or dyslexic stuff just yet. All of that will make more sense once your ears get more familiar with picking out various sections of their compositions.

It can be a lot to get into, so take little baby sips.

Welcome to the dark side. Congats, your life is ruined.

4 Likes

Thank you @cryan024 and @snuckaskitchen :grin:

1 Like

Listening to that 10/23/07 munchkin invasion > abraxas, you guys delivered :star_struck:

6 Likes

Don’t overlook that giant Ladies → Gangster…that’s a beast as well. That whole set is prime stuff, IMO.

2 Likes

I discovered Times Square from 8/28/22 and I love the composition / main riff. Is that a new or old song? Feel free to share some bangers

1 Like

Pretty sure 8/19 was the debut. I didnt recognize it either time I saw it last week.

1 Like

Cool I dig it

I was trying to buy tickets for NYE and it seems like you can only purchase all 3 nights? Will there be individual nights for sale later on?

1 Like

Probably, but why not do all 3?

Yes, and it wont sell out. If it does it will only be NYE day of show. You got plenry of time. There arent many Biscuits tour kids these days.

2 Likes

Would love to if I could but I’m using the last of my vacation for UM Bowl

I want to try to make at least one night of Biscuits, we’ll see what I can do.

10/26/07 all of first set
11/1/07 Hope > Robots
11/4/07 Basis
2/15/09 all of first set

5 Likes

Don’t be a wuss @Zencer. Eat a quarter of boomers and blast this shit while driving after midnight. It’ll build character.

6 Likes

Is ‘07 Biscuits like UM’s ‘11 ?

Depends who you ask. Fall '07 is my favorite tour for 2.0 Biscuits, but i also saw pretty much all my favorite shows during that stretch, so there is some bias. 2009 better start to finish.

1999 and 2009 are objectively considered their gold standards.

That said, September '01 and Fall '07 are the bands peaks, IMO.

4 Likes

It’s a classic, there are some pretty solid themes in that Ladies as well. Monster of a set.

2 Likes