Check out my band, Squeaky Feet!

3 Likes

Fucking wooks

2 Likes

Cover for the new album leaked

15 Likes

I wanna be like my favorite musician.

2 Likes

Why does Squeaky Feet’s cover of Crazy sound so different from Brinney Spear’s version of Toxic?

6 Likes

2 Likes
7 Likes

Perfect timing:

4 Likes

Woah. Is that standard practice? Seems bogus AF

yeah, i recently learned (maybe month or two ago) from @opsopcopolis that it’s super standard for them to take a cut. so fucking whack, imo

2 Likes

Oh did you pay for merch production yourself, haul the merch to the venue yourself, set up the merch table yourself and play the music that attracts the demand?

we’ll be taking 20%

2 Likes

I get United Center taking a cut for somebody like Billy Joel where everybody is getting a fat slice of pie but Cervantes for up and coming bands? Wild

1 Like

But but if the venue never opened their doors and graciously let the band play there, the band would have never sold that merch

2 Likes

Give musicians a cut of bar tips

6 Likes

Love Cervantes’, but I think they announced this following the big announcement that LiveNation is doing that nationwide. Good on them for making the change, but I wouldn’t give them credit for the idea.

3 Likes

It’s extremely common. Some artists started really speaking out on it last year.

2 Likes

Had no idea. Would’ve told some folks I’d meet them at the trunk of their car if I knew that was the case with some smaller bands I see.

1 Like

“Hey come meet me out back, I’ll definitely buy a t shirt fam”

10 Likes

CAN I SEE YOUR VAN?

7 Likes

It seems to be kinda 50/50 for smaller venues like cervs. That said, I don’t see it actually put into practice that often. More if you use a venue seller. Either way total bullshit imo.

2 Likes