Bitches & Candy: the Brothers Past thread

3/24/12 has a massive stand-alone ORR. And huge standalone versions of BBA and Who’s Gonna Love Me Now? as well. Spin the whole thing, you won’t regret it.

SBD stream here

1 Like

I have 3 shows I’m dying to listen to right now. Feel like I’m going to be vibing on BP for awhile.

1 Like

I’m on day 3 of a pretty serious BP binge. Nothing wrong with it.

2 Likes

One of my most watched I love this so much.

Great thread , got a lot of listening to do. Love BP

@mal did you ever find tapes of those babies shows we went to together? Those were sick

Going to PM you my big BP folder.

Nah nothing ever surfaced unfortunately. Both Providence shows would have been awesome to revisit. Even the little boat set too I guess.

Edit: Uhg that 2nd one had so much BP in it I remember now. DAMN IT.

Just dug this show up & it’s just ridiculous. That is the correct date, and it’s well worth checking out for anyone unfamiliar with it.

@3x40oz you should put some best shows and heady jams in the OP

Bummer. Yeah I remember those shows being top notch

Will check it out… Mmm Silk City diner is delish

7/9/04ing right now. I fucking love The Cure so much and they do such a great cover of Fascination Street.

1 Like

Listening through 11/23/2005 today. The Thanksgiving eve shows at River Street were usually pretty fire, I was at this one but don’t remember what the highlights are. First set looks super promising on paper. Will report back.

EDIT: First set is pretty average, tbh.

1 Like

Spinning this @gatroe rec today. Diving into BP is giving me similar levels of excitement when I realllllly started binging 2.0 biscuits.

2/19/12 Cleveland, OH
Set 1:
Inside the Tinman
Who Really Runs The Planet?>
Getaway Somehow>
National Anthem>
Who Really Runs The Planet?

Set 2:
Dead Clowns>
Tired Sigh>
Dead Clowns
One Day I’ll Disappear>
National Anthem

Encore:
Boy

3 Likes

Tired Sigh seems like it was made as a perfect song to segue into but at the same time a prime jam vehicle. I am absolutely hooked.

1 Like

Love seeing this thread pop up.

Listened to 11/16/05 for the 400th time on Friday night. I think that’s the GOAT for me. So fucking good.

1 Like

Great show!

I’ve been on a huge BP kick lately. Upset I only got to see them live once… They were top shelf in their prime.

1 Like

Finally gave 11/16/05 a spin. Really solid show and interesting to hear how different their sound was then.

That said, I didn’t make it past the Monsters Come out at Night composed section and am now ISO of the best versions. That short breakdown section with the synth, rhythm keys, driving bass and THam just wailing over the top is so fucking good.

9/28/12 has a good one. Link to a free SBD stream in the OP.

1 Like

If you slave the dnb/breakbeat 'prov like I do, check this out. Burned through it on the peloton this morning. Magnah sit-in too.