Biscuits sets that blow your balls off

Wish I went to that. Just hit Portland the night before which was decent enough for 2015.

08/16/03 Trancemission S3

Crickets, Dub Dribble > Triumph > Pilin’ It Higher > Triumph > Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies > Morph Jam > Basis > RLH

1 Like

3/24/2001Belly Up Tavern - Solana Beach, CA

S1 Pygmy Twylyte > Aceetobee, Spacebirdmatingcall, The Very Moon 1 > Voices Insane

S2 Helicopters, Plan B, Grass Is Green > Munchkin Invasion, Soul Is Shaking 2, Little Lai

E1 Hot Air Balloon

1 With ‘I Want Your Sex’ tease.

2 With Meredith Motley on vocals.

yo! this forum software is awesome. I just copied and pasted from discobiscuits.net, and all of those links work were added auto-magically from what I copied… You can go to the show date, the city, to state, any of the song links. :fire:

Anyhow, was admiring the segue into TVM. Thought I should share with someone, because it was gentle, beautiful Biscuits. Remembered this thread.

Edit: uhhh I guess it wasn’t a segue. Either way the beginning of TVM was gorgeous. Munchkin was the other highlight for me. I may have zoned out on other standout stuff because I was working. :grimacing:

2 Likes

4/01/2001Fox Theatre - Boulder, CO

S1 Spectacle, The Very Moon > Save The Robots, The Overture, Spacebirdmatingcall

S2 Plan B > Pygmy Twylyte > Basis For A Day > Above The Waves 1 > Basis For A Day, Wet

S3 Floodlights > Shem-Rah Boo, Pat And Dex > Floes > Liquid Lazer, Boulevard 2, Home Again

E1 Morph Dusseldorf

1 Inverted version.

2 First time played.

All of that Basis -> Waves -> Basis business is fire.

In times like these, the VassilliClone prevails. S2 is pretty great as well.

09/22/2009 • Jupiter Bar & Grill • Tuscaloosa, AL

Set 1: Uber Glue, M80, Vassillios> Cyclone> You and I> Above The Waves1
Set 2: M.E.M.P.H.I.S.> Air Song> Orch Theme> I-Man

Encore: Highwire> I Remember When

1. ending only
1 Like

I’m so sad over not seeing them again for a 2nd time that I haven’t been able to bring myself to listen to any Biscuits this week. Uhhhhg. It hurts too much.

7/18/08 Papercut > Spacebird > Tricycle > Confrontation > Air Song > Helicopters > Confrontation

Fire!

1 Like

Yeah that set is great.

Spinning this one today after seeing a rec for the s2 Spraypaint. At the end of Spy Barber says to the band “Alright this is the jam we said we’d do, this is the jam, fuck this place up right here right now.” Right before dropping into Helicopters. He is a man of his word :smile:

11/03/2006 • Calvin Theatre • Northampton, MA

Set 1: King Of The World, Sweating Bullets, Spy, Helicopters, Mulberry’s Dream

Set 2: House Dog Party Favor> Cyclone> House Dog Party Favor, Boom Shanker, Spraypaint, Shelby Rose

Encore: Munchkin Invasion, Run Like Hell

LOL so this first set, IMO, is SO BAD. Like terrible. So many moments throughout where i really was LOL’ing. I can’t recall exactly where I really do not want to listen back. On the other hand - i think the 2nd set is phenomenal. That HDPF sandy is sweet too.

The album art for this one kills me as well.

CC: Dex - @Whinergetsnothing

1 Like

Lol yeah a 50 min set with barely any improv, but that Helix is really fucking good. I went to share the show via nugs and all it sent was that pic of Babz hahaha. Looking forward to hearing all of S2!

I do sort of remember telling someone that the Helix was pretty good despite the rest of the atrocity that was the first set. But yes you will not be disappointed by set 2.

2009/07/01 Murat Egyptian Room - Indianapolis, IN

Set 1: Meditation, Rockafella > Caterpillar > Crickets1 > Aceetobee2 > Caterpillar

Set 2: Hope2 > Tamarin Alley, Reactor > Minions > Orch Theme > Moshi Fameus > Digital Buddha3
Encore: Digital Buddha3 > You and I > Reactor

1 middle section only
2 unfinished
3 dyslexic

Basically as soon as the jam out of Rockefella starts this show TAKES OFF

On Time sample teases during Orch Theme are a little weird tbh but I like weird stuff that from time to time

They need to play Tamarin Alley again.

2 Likes

Love this show! May throw it on today

1 Like

Fucking love this one. Cater>Crix>AC2B>Pillar sandwich covers so much ground and probably my favorite Moshi Fameus jam they’ve ever done.

+1 for Tamarin Alley, grimey Brownie at his finest.

1 Like

My disappointment sadness of not seeing them in January or the other week is finally starting to wear off a bit so finally time to jump back into my 2009 relistening.

Watched the stream of this tonight. It’s one of those shows that I had on disc years ago that I listened to dozens of times and was for a long time familiar with inside and out. Was a ton of fun revisiting after many years of distance from my last listen.

The Svenghali peak was beautiful work by Barber. So many awesome jams throughout Triumph, KOTW, second Pygmy jam, and Ladies. Stuff that I remembered as I was listening tonight, but had really forgotten all about.

12/30/2001 at Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA

https://relisten.net/disco-biscuits/2001/12/30

S1 Pilin’ It High, Magellan > Floes > Sound One > Floes 1 > Shem-Rah Boo > Magellan

S2 Svenghali, Triumph > King of the World > Pygmy Twylyte > Dance Of The Sugarplum Fairies > Pygmy Twylyte 2 > And the Ladies Were the Rest of the Night 3, Home Again

E1 Spy, Mulberry’s Dream

1 With ‘Jessica’ (Allman Brothers Band) tease.

2 With ‘Hot Air Balloon’ fakeout.

3 With ‘Hot Air Balloon’ tease.

1 Like

Sweet didn’t end up watching last night so pumped to listen.

Love the 2001 NYE run. Been a long time since I’ve listened too though. Hoping someone ripped it

2009/09/18 Palladium Ballroom - Dallas, TX

Set 1: Park Ave., Kitchen Mitts, Sound One> Tempest> Sound One, Pimp Blue Rikkis, Morph Dusseldorf

Set 2: Tamarin Alley, Shem-Rah Boo1> Hot Air Balloon> Minions> Spacebirdmatingcall> Hot Air Balloon

Encore: World Is Spinning

1unfinished

Shem-Rah Balloon!!! Forgot how good the Sound Tempest One segment in the 1st is too.

This is essential 2009 listening.

1 Like

That Phish stream was suuuuper meh tonight. Redeeming with some heat.

3 Likes