Billy Strings

No problem.

1 Like

Got my buddy a ticket at face because someone in my group now has to work. Thanks for checking. Looking forward to meeting you on Friday.

1 Like

Oh nice. Was going to say I’m just awaiting confirmation but one of my friends should be taking the pair of tickets.

1 Like

Wish I could make it to Surly. Looks like a great bunch of borters will be there

2 Likes

2 Likes

Billy on the 30th played a mini solo set during the set break slot. It’s pretty rad and just came up on nugs. Man he’s the fucking best, I’m so glad to be able to see him as much as I am this year. 10th show overall is on Friday, 8 shows this year counting the Michigan run and nye

1 Like

I’m interested in how the energy on the stage and in the crowd is for those shows.

the Feb '19 GSBG run in Detroit had Billy opening for them. first night was unbelievable. Billy sat in on Last Winter in… and Greensky was crushing it.

Night 2 there was no setbreak and they did what I called Fantasy Bluegrass lineup. There were always 5 people on stage but each song people rotated in and out. The final songs of the second set had no energy left and it was quite the buzzkill.

I’m sure energy will be amazing. I mean it will just be billy and crew for all those shows. I might have been unclear about my post. On July 30th his band played normal set 1 and 2, but he was like “fuck it I wanna keep playing, fuck hard curfews” and played 5 or so solo tracks in between set 1 and 2. Energy stayed high

I wish he would’ve used some of that energy during Friday’s show.

1 Like

I’ll have to check it out, what did you find low energy about it?

yeah I know what happened, I try to listen to all of the shows he streams on Mixlr.

Not doubting him, just wondering if he can still bring that heat late in the second set despite playing for 3 consecutive hours

the GSBG show everybody got at least 20 minutes off stage, this is just Billy picking for 3 hours straight basically.

this probably doesn’t mean shit, but…

the second set on the 30th contained 6 songs under 3:30 minutes.

going back in time from this show, the amount of songs in the second set under 3:30 minutes are as follows…

1 → 3 → 4 → 2 → 1 → 1 → 2 → 3 → 1 → 3 → 2 → 1 → 0 → 1 → 4 → 4 → 0 → 1 → 1 → 0 → 2 → 3

Haven’t listened to this one yet but the Louisville Show on the 26th Felt completely phoned in as well when I listened to it. I would have been disappointed to be at that one.

1 Like

N3? That show had significantly less heat than the first two nights.

@DiabetesCOLE @GizaButler just wanted to check if any of your friends were still looking since I’m dealing with some non-committal friends right now. If not, no big deal.

I’m good. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

Im all good, but will reach out. Do you have two tickets?

1 Like

He probably didn’t have much issue, I’ve watched that dude play guitar for like 20 hours in a two day span before. Kid is relentless

1 Like

Agreed. Sure some shows might not have as much high octane jam energy as the previous night ( see the amazing riverside show>More songy palace theater night 1) but he still fucking slays it picking

1 Like

All he wants to do is play guitar. Anytime we would invite him anywhere it was a guarantee he would bring his guitar and play until sunrise. He almost got us kicked out of an Airbnb once because of it

1 Like