Asking for a friend

Not my favorite album obviously, but Escape Goat / Hiccup could rip live

I was using mature sarcastically hence the quotation marks. I thought I read somewhere recently about the bands songwriting maturing.

1 Like

We should all actually be discussing the new Dear Hunter album.

2 Likes

Hiccup is my favorite of the new songs too

2 Likes

Debut coming Sacred Rose 2nd set

Pretty excited for all the Escape JOTYs in our future

1 Like

I’m going to get Higgins and Hiccup confused when they start one of them live

@mods please remove if this isn’t allowed.

Listened on my nice system after a couple beers and bowls and trying put my -bort judgement in [brackets] and I enjoyed it a lot.

Same criticisms but it’s more dynamic and fun than I gave it credit for 6 months ago when it was released.

4 Likes

I think a few of these tunes are going to be really fun for Factor. Excited to see what happens.

1 Like

Both in the key of H?

1 Like

Damn it’s one of my favs on the album. Dig that guitar riff (relative to the other boring chord progressions on the album)

Kinda reminds of anxiety by Isbell in that it starts with a cool riff that just disappears for some reason

2 Likes

That riff just jerks itself off for 3 minutes underneath lines like “hate is motherfucker, something I can do without.”

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah my “wife” and I both cringed hard at that

It’s the funniest part of the album for sure

1 Like

I cant hear the lyrics “papa’s gotta go and mama’s gonna stay” in Always October without cracking tf up.

7 Likes

Please take some more time with this record to unlock its secrets. You’ll get it soon

12 Likes

Fuckin oof dude

Who is this clown? No fucking way this is their best album. That was AD, followed by Mantis and/or LBDOK.

I will say that this, so far, has me more interested in listening to UM than I have since Mantis.

2 Likes