2024/01/31 - House of Blues - Cleveland, OH

Hardly groundbreaking but they work their way to a pretty good peak.

Yeah I enjoyed that peak. The best um peaks have nobody soloing imo

1 Like

First set looks good. Second set not so much. Encore is even worse

The encore had to be terrible.

1 Like

Would put Educated Guess in the top 10 worst drug band songs of any drug band.

2 Likes

I shamelessly love Peeps, not gonna lie.

2 Likes

Peeps is one of my least fav UM songs

3 Likes

There are dozens of us!

4 Likes

I really enjoyed this Padgett’s and Reso. The remind me was alright, but a good example of Jake shredding over something he didn’t need to shred over. They sound surprisingly together overall though

2 Likes

I am sure this is a somewhat unpopular opinion but I am a big fan of Educated guess. And I don’t mind Peeps. But New Wings, Booth, No Comment…no thanks.

No comment was so much better when it was Pop Tart and had the other section, now it is just boring as hell, repetitive, terrible BB lyrics and half-falsetto vox. Truly one of their worst songs.

Peeps (in my experience) always gets a huge crowd reaction, mostly for the ending section. Can’t help but smile when they hit that part of the song, I’ll never hate on it

3 Likes

it’s like end credits music for the best 80s movie of all time. love Peeps

1 Like

No Comment has a lovely peak, and Padgett’s & Reso are pretty dope. Didn’t mind Booth Love either. 7/10.

My ninja.

1 Like

Most complete show of 2024 so far perhaps?
I didn’t get bored for a minute.

1 Like

Honestly I could almost see this being a BB setlist.

Excellent show. No Comment is actually my favorite jam here. Easily one of the most patient jams this year, and that peak payoff is really worth it. I also loved the super industrial flavor of Looks, the weird creative extension to Padgett’s, and the unusually moody and heavy 1st Reso jam. Definitely a good show for us dark improv lovers :slight_smile: I think Raleigh is a more complete show, but this is a strong 2nd place for 2024 so far.

9 Likes

@kev347 has spoken and so it shall be known this show is pretty good.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Jake riff in Reso 1 is driving me nuts. Think you’re right on point for year range.

2 Likes

Found it, 12/30/06 DBK

5 Likes