2023/08/24 - Mars Music Hall - Huntsville, AL

That would be a significant demotion. But hey, maybe it’s a work life balance decision!

2 Likes

Setlist looks amazing.

1 Like

Yeah Huntsville got several songs I was hoping to catch this weekend.

Shows up on nugs. 20 minute staircase and other track times look great.

1 Like

Id say Hiccup is jam of the show

4 Likes

TiL 12-30-14 Blecho is made up as part of Staircase.

Also a repeat riff 9 min into Linear.

1 Like

This Hiccup fucking rips

5 Likes

oooo, language there, bud

3 Likes

Ben on drums is sounding awesome I must admit. He’s really pounding those skins, seems like a slightly better fit than Duane to my ears. It might take me a bit to even realize it wasn’t Myers if I had a blind listening test.

I suppose he did fill in awhile back for that Florida festival set too, so this wasn’t his first rodeo.

2 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

My love for goose is growing so to hear Ben playing with UM and killing it is a treat

Boo-se

2 Likes

Always surprises me that hiccup gets so much disdain with all the garbage songs this band has put out over the past decade. It’s either a 3 minute pop nugget or a nice ham vehicle like this one. Not many of their songs bring yam potential without also being a standardtown set eater.

2 Likes

If anything their newer songs get to the jams faster than the classics. Looks and Little Gift are usually at the jam in under 2 mins

2 Likes

This staircase is great, and yah Ben is killing it

1 Like

Yeah staircase jam is outstanding, couple of great peaks in there.

Damn that outro groove is good. Linear jam is also crushing

This show is absolutely monstrous. I finally got around to this today because I’ve been too busy living in the world of rewatching the streams, and it’s a shame this will get overlooked, because Hiccup, Staircase, and The Linear are all absolutely top-notch jams. Don’t sleep on this.

4 Likes