2023/06/04 - State Theater - Portland, ME

got 'em confused. Gents is the one I hate. Den is alright.

1 Like

Ill give you that. Gents sucks.

1 Like

Been awhile since I’ve listened to educated guess, did they rework it? Sounds better than I remember it.

I thought the same, reworked the harmonies maybe?

1 Like

Dens a decent tune, and I loved it the first few times, but it’s repetitive. I would have preferred they took the main riff and turned it into a bigger composition.

So the repetitive song without a jam, make that longer? Thats your solution?

UM fans are silly

Den is way better than Day Nurse. That shit is an overplayed waste of time.

There’s a Day Nurse>SOYCD>Day Nurse from a Hulaween that goes hard.

1 Like

It’s repetitive in its current form. I don’t speak music talk. But it’s just kind of meh for me now

Im just giving you shit. I honestly dont even care. I just wanna dance.

Kinda how I cant really even tell Day/Night Nurse apart other than Night makes me dance.

1 Like

Ahh. That’s a tough one. Day Nurse has had some jams.

1 Like

NN has to be one of their more consistent producers over the last 5 or so years. It’s one of my least seen regulars though :roll_eyes:

For sure. NN ususally gets a solid dance jam. Ive seen one of the GOATs (8/20/15). I dig it, still takes me a minute to figure out Day/Night though

2 Likes

im gonna be sick

If you only listen to one show from Summercamp-now, this is a good one to pick. I especially loved the creativity early on with the out-of-nowhere Educated Guess jam that gradually worked its way into Out of Focus, and the truly cshore-y Kabump. The very long Ocean Billy oddly didn’t do too much for me aside from the big peak, but the big moody Spires to start set 2 and legitimately catchy bounceback encore Slacker did (yes, an actual real jam in the encore slot.) They were in a truly weird, risktaking mood tonight and it paid off repeatedly. Some shows make me feel like they’re just sandbagging us half the time :slight_smile:

Glide (new deal) tease/jam from stasik during Billy jam (starts at 12:28)

Edit: also, was a good show overall imo

First set was super weird. Didnt recognize the first 4/5 songs. Havent listened to the new stuff a lot. But on listen back it was a great show. Out of Focus is…out of focus. I really enjoyed it. Loved the darker hindsight. Second set was excellent. Great stuff.