2023/03/02 - Midtown Ballroom - Bend, OR

I’ll play, go to 11-13-08 for good eats

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t crown the spires the best of 2023, but I just like they they keep a fast tempo going for an entire jam.

3-5-2007 for a very unique Eat. It was def the 1st time I saw them take it that far off its normal path.

1 Like

I’m noticing that they do well with the spooky/dark kind of jams with Eat, as I’m listening to an these recs

The jam section in Spires that starts at 845 is def very familiar, especially the Stasik baseline. Not sure if a tease or just from another jam.

You spin me round?

2 Likes

I hear it.

2 Likes

Kabump & Phils > Spires is everything that is good about Umphreys. Shit slays

3 Likes

The jams deliver in s2, but the fact that they throw Suxity and Walletsworth in between is just so gross.

1 Like

Added all 3 to my 2022 playlist. Think that show is one of the best of the year so far.

Edit: id probably say 1/29, 02/25, 2/23, 03/02, 01/12 are my favorites up to this point

3 Likes

Through set 1 Fussy through Kabump is good listening. End of Exit Signs is a nice little solo.

I liked the main segment of this spires, but the peak is pretty off imo. Idk why Jake is forcing that maj3 middle eastern thing while nobody else is doing it… he’s also doing random bs all over the Phil’s peak…

I was just about to post this same thing. I LOVE the first few min of this Spires - it’s in solid top 5 of the year territory for me then, but then Jake shows up to ruin it.

Loving the peak on this miami