2023/01/13 - 9:30 Club - Washington, DC

Show’s up on nugs. As with last night I’d recommend the 2nd set. Jams in IDKWIK, Bridgeless, and Night Nurse were fun.

3 Likes

The end of the first set has to be Baylis trolling the crowd. What a terrible way to end a set.

1 Like

What’s good crinze!

Nice to have UM on tour, I’ll have to check out some of these shows.

Your profile picture is awesome. Welcome back.

Thank you for the highlights buddy

1 Like

So It Doesn’t Matter back to a slower, groovier version, after that last turbo version. Think that song still has some potential, and there’s been some great jams out of it, but they aren’t sure what to do with it.

Also this is probably the best Rocker 2 in a couple years

2 Likes

Set two is parishiltonthatshot.gif

Set one looks parishiltondoingmath.gif

7 Likes

Night Nurse slaps. No cap, as the kids would say

4 Likes

sorry for delayed response - i got rate limited from more comments for 24 hours cuz it’s a new account

that was indeed me in '08 hanging with you and Hilikus - forgot he came up for that run. YO! wow - definite throwback.

3 Likes

Cole! What’s up? Sorry to mistake WI for MI - I’m sure that’s a sin up there.

Anyways, we went to a couple shows together. Either a run ending in St. Louis or one of the winter First Ave runs in the 06-08 timeframe.

Rock on man - hope you’re well

5 Likes

Now there’s a handle I remember. Sup dude - hope all is well!

3 Likes

Thanks dude! cheers

2 Likes

Really like this Bridgeless. A few distinct, really fun parts in the improv

This show is okay. Definitely weaker than the ones before or after it. Sitting through that first set immediately followed by N2F without a jam into IDKWIW would have made me pretty angry, but everything from the IDKWIW jam on is very solid stuff. I’d at least have solidly enjoyed this second set. The Bridgeless is very well structured and the peak feels earned when it gets there, so that’s nice. The 2nd part of Night Nurse with the (pre-composed?) synth riff is pretty cool too.

2 Likes

That 2nd part of the night nurse jam from 7-10 mins stuck out to me as well, that really stuck out to me.

4 Likes

…old bort remembers.

2 Likes

Which old bort though? Snork’s Bort, 2x2’s Bort, Quad’s Bort, or what?

3 Likes

Pre-quad, hehe

2 Likes

So many borts.

4 Likes