2022/12/30 - Coca Cola Roxy - Atlanta, GA

2022/12/30 - Coca Cola Roxy - Atlanta, GA

Set 1 (8:22-9:34): Cut the Cable, 1348 > Out of Focus, Intentions Clear > Jajunk

Set 2 (10:00-11:28!): Mantis > Small Strides > The Linear > Puppet String, Wappy Sprayberry > Women, Wine and Song > Den > Mantis

Encore: Slacker > 1348

5 Likes

What is Out of Focus? New song?

Any improv in set 2?

They debuted Out of Focus at UMBowl last month, it was one of the songs made from stews

2 Likes

Definitely. Estimates from last night:
-17 minute Mantis first half (super fun funk dance party > moodier melodic 2nd part)
-15 minute Small Strides (breakout version; went all over the place)
-10 minute Linear (I really enjoyed this heavy/moody jam but it felt like the first jam all night they cut a bit short. Definitely a turning point.)
-12 minute Puppet
-10 minuteish Wappy

1 Like

Improv everywhere last night. Thought this show was a solid B+ or A- territory. I enjoyed everything from the couch.

3 Likes

This show looks pretty sick.

2 Likes

I watched the show last night and that mantis>small strides was dope. Great show overall!

3 Likes

This is what dreams are fucking made of

5 Likes

Listening to that IC and Jajunk rn, it’s up on nugs

At this bar with a bunch of inbred bama fans. Never been happier to throw on the headphones and listen to this first set

2 Likes

Okay so it’s right around 13:48 (no pun intended I promise) where I thought they were going into a new song on IC. I haven’t heard them shift into a new segment after 9+ minutes of jamming like that in a long time

Not sure it sounds as composed as I originally thought in the moment. Does feel like an extension of the previous jam to some degree

Bear with me I’m drinking in Atlanta by myself right now

4 Likes

That Jajunk is absolutely fire and the Mantis is so far as well

Definitely looks like this show could be an all timer on the improv clock. I’m excited to listen to Mantis > Small Strides, I missed that part of the stream. I think it took a little bit for them to get locked in last night but starting from the second half of the IC jam through the end of set 1 and everything I heard in set 2 was great.

3 Likes

Easily the longest small Strides yet. Can’t wait to hear it

1 Like

Oh that #remindsme I’d put money on Escape Goat > ALS tonight

4 Likes

They better

1 Like

This is the saddest thing I’ve heard but I couldn’t be more proud for some reason.

2 Likes

Yeah this is what I’ve been saying too. Seems unavoidable at this point so I hope they crush it!

Small Strides is one of my favorite new songs seen it twice now and I hope it continues to get the treatment.

I would have loved to be in attendance last night hope everyone had a blast and we get a solid NYE show tonight from the couch!

I thought small strides was much hotter than mantis. Relisten proves otherwise. Power funk from mantis jam has some serious legs

1 Like