2022/11/11 - UMBowl IX - The Riviera Theater - Chicago, IL

Hey that’s cool, to each his own, and like I said I think I’d enjoy it much more if I was in-person.

Stasik read poetry??? Da fuk???

1 Like

They gave him the front porch lyrics to read

How was TOSOT? Love that song

5 Likes

It was great. Bayliss definitely hated it

13 Likes

Thought S1 was the best of the night but this was a great stats show for sure. TOSOT in full and BHSD were awesome.

Old UM songs definitely hit harder in the Midwest. It’s awesome to see the entire crowd belting out the lyrics to 2x2, FP and Haji

11 Likes

Nice catch, Twitter thread was so convoluted

33 minute DBK huh? I tuned in right after this.

Up on Nugs.

Kinda weird, the first jam sorta dissolves into kind of being the typical solo section but not really, then they just start jamming again. There’s no typical riff that goes at the end of the jam there. The “second” jam if you could call it that (starts like 13 or 14 minutes in) is top tier grimy industrial UM dance vibes

1 Like

Great DBK overall. First jam didn’t do a ton for me but the other 2 were great. I admired their longer attention span sticking to one theme for longer stretches of time than I’m used to with recent UM. Felt like the jams all had satisfying builds and peaks

1 Like

Really dug this in the moment, just wish they had milked it a tidbit more prior to the abrupt drop back in to the BB solo section. Whatever though, still a really good DBK.

1 Like

At the time I was still thinking they were going to fit this whole album into one set so I forgave them for aborting it

1 Like

Wonder if they stopped playing it because it sounds so much like moe.?

Would’ve been a nice one to catch live.

1 Like

I’m not sure why, but just listening to this S2 set. The Darth Vader Jamaica part is somehow worse than what you guys prepared me for.

6 Likes

I don’t hate Punk Glory. It’s a pretty good showcase for Kris to just fuck some shit up on the drums.

1 Like

I was making the oof face listening to it.

5 Likes

Bayliss goes ham on that dbk solo :pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Those video effects were pretty sweet

2 Likes