2022/08/24 - Frederik Meijer Gardens - Grand Rapids, MI

2022/08/24 - Frederik Meijer Gardens, Grand Rapids, MI

Set 1: Smell the Mitten, Educated Guess, So Much, Utopian Fir > The Haunt[1] > Utopian Fir, Der Bluten Kat > Always October > Der Bluten Kat

Set 2: All In Time > Walletsworth, Dayville Monarchy > Draconian, Kimble, Intentions Clear > All In Time

Encore: Booth Love

[1] Last played 2021-02-04 (113 show gap; 234 show in person gap)

@flyfishmich got his haunt

17 Likes

Fuck yeah!!!

18 Likes

Wildcard slot in Fir is pretty epic placement. This show is definitely getting the Wednesday night out-of-the-way treatment so far. Here’s hoping that translates to the improv as well…

5 Likes

2nd Fir jam was seemingly well rehearsed but dancey and definitely relistenable. Waiting in line for a beer while they play a seemingly standard DBK given they are already an hour into the set.

Starting DBK 60 minutes into a set :frowning:

5 Likes

Oof

5 Likes

This might actually make me violent.

Edit: Wow. 18 minute DBK segment with Always October sandwiched in the middle might legit be the worst DBK segment ever.

2 Likes

Was totally convinced they were going to play 2x2 before dropping into AiT.

Looking like the " doesn’t feel like a Wednesday " thing is happening. I was hoping for a Fir on Saturday tho.

2 Likes

Bounce back in AIT

7 minutes and going

1 Like

Into Walletsworth

Easily the best UM show I have seen in 5 years…

9 Likes

Am I crazy or is there a good amount of “older” fans in the front area?

1 Like

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s headyAF

1 Like

What does this mean

1 Like

Dig this placement for Dayville on a show that’s going well. Big old-school style jam let’s go…

1 Like

The last show they played Haunt at was the Nashville 2021 stream at Kris’s house. Which means…the last show anybody saw it in person at was Cincinnati 2019, 234 shows ago.

5 Likes