2022/08/18 - TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park - Indianapolis, IN

That Mantis was pretty mids for a 15 min jam. Still sweet to see them going for it though

2 Likes

Wappy is the JOTS

3 Likes

Ocean Billy unfinished and easily JOTS for me. Great segue into Escape Goat too.

4 Likes

Mantis and Wappy > OB → Escape Goat is great UM. OB > Escape Goat segue is so damn good.

4 Likes

Enjoyed that segue, too. I wish they had milked it a bit more before BB started singing.

Wappy is solid here. Never will mind a jam like that.

I felt like the jam in OB was pretty dope. Nice show overall.

1 Like

Yeah OB was tight. Mantis was long but mids. Wappy JOTS. Again, quintessential UM jam. Exactly what I fell in love with from this band. Love that Wappy is back.

See yall tomorrow!

4 Likes

This is a very good UM show. Not SOTY or anything, but I’d be very happy leaving, and also a good relatively Bisco-friendly set.

Mantis is weird. They get super locked in on a bunch of ideas but I agree that none of those end up being the best ideas of the show. I love to see them that patient though and it paid off in all the shorter jams that followed.

One thing I like about this set is that it’s a typical Bayliss setlist that has 5000 songs in it, so clearly going so long on Mantis wasn’t planned. But then their time management on the rest of the set is still pretty good (this is something that has definitely been an issue in the past). Wappy still hits 14 min and Billy is 13 unfinished. Didn’t leave much time for Escape Goat but I liked that they put effort into the Billy > Goat (ha) and Goat > Package transitions too.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed it especially the end

1 Like

I’m just listening to this now. Didn’t realized it was unfinished so I skipped over thinking 13min was going to be a standardish OB.

Def my fav of the show

2 Likes