2022/06/18 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO

I think I’ve said it multiple times but Puppet > 2x2 > NN is worth listening to. Probably the fancy as well. But other than that no

3 Likes

Opening set 2 with this new (wings) song is just dumb.

Just saw a clip of that Frasco shit, I can’t believe how much effort was put into something that took up a chunk of prime set time on Saturday night at Red Rocks and no one was like “hey maybe this isn’t a good idea for one of our biggest shows of the year”.

2 Likes

In a couple pics I saw it looked like Stasik thought it was the most fun thing ever and BB was like wtf are we doing

A sit in is one thing but some planned out theatrical piece with another band not facing the audience? Just really odd.

BB definitely looked like he was having fun

1 Like

Lol. Imagine paying for a ticket to red rocks and getting treated to this. Woof.

2 Likes

Ahhhhh, yes the return of the SHALLONGE

3 Likes

They should consider an outside consultant to vet some of these stupid fucking ideas. Or someone just needs to tell them that they’re not Phish. They have neither the humor, resources, nor the trust of the fanbase to pull off gags like this.

1 Like

Maybe I just saw one pic that caught a weird expression. I haven’t watched any of the videos.

Hated it the first time. Hated it the second time.

Threw Frasco Fiasco on last night after seeing epic -bort melts. Honestly I think ATL '18 was worse. Both are terrible, but Frasco Fiasco seemed very much tongue in cheek, plus everyone was super lit.

I also lived through the horn battle though. Couldn’t imagine having to see Frasco’s stupid face live. Must’ve been awful

3 Likes

Can’t wait for the Frasco Faceoff Commemorative NFT

8 Likes

Jfc. You always know the worst thing to say. Idk how you do it.

I try really hard, but man you’re good

2 Likes

Thanks?

1 Like

You’re welcome

So I’m skimming through this show in an unusual way and using the nugs.net video instead of the regular recording. Decided to check out bits and pieces of the Frasco opening set first…what the actual heck? I think the most frustrating part of all that is that the band is clearly capable of playing something resembling actually good music, as evidenced by the last 10 minutes of the set. But why the 40 minutes of complete BS to get there? Do people actually enjoy that?

1 Like

5 Likes

Comments now that I’ve finished the UM portion of the show (or at least the parts I wanted to see):

-New Wings should really be a better live song than this. Bayliss just doesn’t sing the wordy songs well, and this song gets bogged down a little in it. Hopefully it improves with time (and jams.)
-Fancy, Puppet, and 2x2 are all solid but all fall under the “standard decent 2021 UM” category for me. Slacker, Phil’s, Plunger, AIT, Attachments, and Comma (at least) are all better. Easily weakest show of the weekend.
-Frasco medley was actually less bad than I was expecting given the opening set, but still very bad. Agree with the poster who said that someone needs to tell UM they’re not Phish.

2 Likes

I wanted to defend the Frasco thing b/c I don’t inherently have a problem with doing something silly and fun that mostly plays for the crowd in the moment. But listening to it was just not enjoyable, he’s not at all likeable to me.

2 Likes

Counterpoint: NYE 18 I believe was in the encore. This was mid second set, maybe the worst possible place to let 16 minutes of covers eat up set time

3 Likes