2022/03/27 - Eldborg Concert Hall - Reykjavik, Iceland

Hope you bros broed out with your bros hard for Gulf stream

5 Likes

Not sure how I feel about this OB. Jake is driving me nuts in the first half because his whole riff is just centered around CYHMK. He eventually does tease it like 3 minutes in but please just come up with something original.

2nd half of the jam is great though. Still need to get around to listening to the rest of the jams from this show.

Damn I knew that all sounded familiar.

Jake :woman_facepalming:

Agreed on second half of the jam. I liked it overall but second half was clearly the strong part. I gotta listen to this Mantis now!!

2 Likes

It was driving me crazy and it’s all I could focus on. I’ll have to give it another go later. 2nd half indeed does smoke

Mantis is :fire:

2 Likes

This is by far the strongest show of the Iceland run imo, lots of quality yammin

First UM I have listened to in a while and this 2x2 is quite nice. Great American is also a real surprising type 2 extended jam. Song used to be a top shelf jam vehicle and has been pretty much shelved and when they do play it the jams tend to be pretty short, but this one is good.

Attachments jam is almost a bit Phishy, very light and free-flowing. The first HBB jam is pretty short sure but I’m not sure where else they could have taken it. Could have crushed that peak for another min but that’s just 2020-present UM, every peak feels rushed (except this Ocean Billy). Damn, 2nd HBB jam is tight as hell and aborted so painfully, ugh.

The CYHMK teases don’t really bother me that much in this Billy, the entire jam is pretty hot, but I have not heard a peak like that out of UM in quite some time, maybe not since 2019.

2 Likes