2022/02/25 - ExploreAsheville.com Arena - Asheville, NC

Didn’t SU&R but come to Asheville Music Hall for Wook bass

1 Like

Set 2 jams all slapped. ‘‘Twas awesome

Fucking great cover choices. Looks fun as hell

This was a great time. Solid A- show. The Uncommon bounceback was huge and jam of the night. Other standouts were a slower and more emotional yet still dancy jam in Kitchen and a Junk jam that went back and forth between a fierce, frenetic dance jam and a few slower moments and still peaked hard.

Some other jams I wish I had been expanded on a little more, but it’s tough to argue with an almost all old school setlist and 5 song set. The We’re Going To War > Lie segment was eerie yet necessary.

Lespecial are a perfect opening band for UM. Good stuff tonight. Nice Kris/Andy sitin during the set as well.

Took some pics but I doubt many more than 3000 people attended the show tonight. The upper sections on both sides were both pretty empty (the middle was 50% full), and looked like the back of the floor had some space as well.

4 Likes

Reading the reviews here, it feels like UM saves up its entire load for one show here and there. They play many shows below their potential and then come out with a complete heater that proves what they are capable of.

Does this take sound accurate?

5 Likes

Really dig your reviews of the last few shows. Articulating these shows very well and I really appreciate it

2 Likes

Great show tonight I thought. But honestly catching my first … and justice for all sealed the deal. They absolutely crush that song

1 Like

Damn. Already up on nugs at 6AM

gonna listen to this one for sure, looks like a good one. Have fun down there

1 Like

One thing I did notice not a single Jake chug last night? Umphrey’s is great again? Thought this show smoked last night.

4 Likes

Doesnt feel the case for 2022 as much as 2020 or 2021.

2022 has been really fucking good so far

1 Like

10 min BTL. Thats how that song is done.

1 Like

Pretty good show. Only wish they had another jam towards the end of the first set. AIT only had a short one and BtL didn’t have an extended intro.

Good meeting @WhoDatVols @ass and @snuckaskitchen

5 Likes

Great looking show. Hopefully tonight delivers too!

1 Like

You know what, I think you’re right! Pretty amazing :slight_smile:

The Floor is worth a listen as well. Forgot that one last night. They’ve been loving the bouncebacks lately, and this was another one where the B section went into E minor and was pretty tasty (A section was solid as well.)

Justice was definitely an ear-to-ear grin moment for my metalhead self. They’d clearly practiced too; sounded great!

1 Like

Great show and really nice meeting a bunch of you last night.

Massively hung over, head is very ouch right now.

13 Likes

Good to meet you man!!

3 Likes

Time to start drinking Dan! See you soon

2 Likes

https://archive.org/details/UM2022-02-25.NSL

5 Likes

Ouch baby. Very ouch