2021/10/28 - "Suwannee Hulaween," Spirit Of The Suwannee Music Park — Live Oak, FL

Jake murders in the Fir. Love Bayliss Althea

1 Like

Looks pretty fun for a festival set

1 Like

This Althea is cool. First time covering the dead since 2014.

Also if this is indeed a tip of the hat to JRAD then it is a pretty cool gesture.

3 Likes

There is that repeated riff in Booth Love. Can’t place it, whether it is simply a go-to “crutch” or an actual tease.

Ah, shit. This ends strong; almost like a transition into the beginning of 40’s, in a way.

They should keep Althea in rotation. Solid cover. Also might help them remember the jam scene is cool and they should embrace it instead of pretending they are going to go back in time and become a famous 80s hair rock band.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t you be partying? You should go meet my buddy Strubbe if you don’t know him already. He’ll be at the Biscuits tonight and tomorrow!

1 Like

Im watching The Office in bed and smoking @ominousbeanbag and @plantseedlight weed.

I know Strubbe through nickmo. Not well, but i know him. Ill keep eyes peeled. Saw peyote mark a couple times last night.

2 Likes

Vegas is the only city I feel safe hotboxing any and every hotel room. I need to get back there.

1 Like

Word word word. Just playing. I need to watch those super fan episodes on Peacock myself still. Weed is tight too! I saw Peyote Mark in May for the first time in ages!

Side note: just caught up on the appreciation thread and wanted to send some positive vibes your mom’s way! Pulling for her brahhhhh.

2 Likes

Thanks bud!

1 Like

Wait this first set is actually really good. Bad Friday jam holds its own and U Fir > Althea > U Fir is fucking awesome. Cover is fine and Jake grabs the jam by the balls from the get go. Reminds me of 12/31/19 Phil’s

1 Like

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

There’s ~34 seconds of ending 1348 included in Slacker on nugs. My table fixes that, hopefully nugs gets fixed.

5 Likes

This show has some pretty high quality UM. Bad Friday is a tasty appetizer, then they hit you with that HOF worthy space trap shit in utopian. The Conduit halloween jam into middle eastern spooky jam is really nice. Then 1348 just slaps you in the face with sludge dick and I can’t help but love it.

3 Likes

Don’t know if you meant space trip or trap but I’m into either way. I could go for some space trappin

Here’s some space trap to scratch that itch

Trap lol, but yah both work. It’s those 64th note percussion samples that kris plays giving me trap vibes

Fir is tite

This Fir is really good

Took me a month, but this Fir is hot fire. Easily top 5 of 2021 material.

This whole show is extraordinarily good, actually. I wish all Conduit jams were as exploratory as this one gets after the 2 minutes of Halloween teases. I would look forward to the song live more.

1 Like