2021/08/13 - The Riverside Theater - Milwaukee, WI

I had a buddy scan that code then he started shoving it in people’s face frantically asking, “how do I get this off my phone?!”

9 Likes

Nice meeting everybody, even though it was just a quick second. Timed it poorly with first set starting right as I found you all. Got too high and before I knew it the show was over.

2 Likes

No problem, bub.

1 Like

The Bort FUX

4 Likes

Great meeting everyone last night. @bluish thank you for the documentation!

4 Likes

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

1 Like

That pink spot in IC is unfortunate. It’s always interesting to see more jamming in set 1 than set 2. I can’t think of another band other than UM that does that with any real frequency

2 Likes

You think Joel is bitter when Jake shits all over his setlist w/ Dr Feelgood and ATH jams?? I would be.

Ugh this show was so damn promising after the first 45 mins.

Ben Factor was crushing tho. Holy fuck he has added some new elements, it’s a goddamn shame the band is holding back on the jams because they all deserve more space to do cool shit. Lights during the Tribulations > MO were so sick.

5 Likes

Definitely. Joel has said a bunch of times that he hates tease jams

7 Likes

Did not know that. God I love Joel.

12 Likes

I said it on OG bort and I’ll say it again, it’s time for Jake to move on.

6 Likes

Jake has bigger and better things to Fux with these days.

3 Likes

Even as a big Jake fan there’s no defense of stepping all over the jams with these same teases that have been happening for years and years. Shit at least mix it up if you’re gonna kill the improv. How many times can you shoehorn in the same riffs. Very bad and lazy crutch for a guy of his skill level.

5 Likes

This is what’s so difficult for me to understand. I was blown away that the Deeper did not get xxplosive’d.

5 Likes

This is really what it boils down too. I am fine with a tease jam if it is surprising or does something interesting, but it is literally the same half dozen tease jams from him over, and over, and over. Rhiannon in 3x, Xxxplosive in Booth, Crazy Train, Can’t You Hear Me Knockin, etc…

6 Likes

Don’t forget about our favorite

https://images.app.goo.gl/yGCYCcRrBkGkybNu8

3 Likes

I was at the show. My highlights:

LMLV > Dump City
Padgett’s Profile
The Bottom Half
Mulche’s > Tribulations > Mulche’s
Similar Skin Jam

3 Likes

I like this new guy. We needed an optimistic shot in the arm.

5 Likes

I give him 6 months until he’s writing dash bort slash fic about self sucking at a phish show

8 Likes

He probably is gonna host a sheep game too