WSPFUX

5 Likes

I don’t mind Hourglass, but No Diablo can eat a dick

2 Likes

So down for this second set

It’s been a while since a PlungOTY

Only thing that comes close is a good ol uJOTYan Fir

3 Likes

No Diablo, CTC, Miss You, Hourglass is some of the worst setlist writing I can think of

2 Likes

Second set is pretty darn good.

Hopefully the 2nd set makes up for the first set

1 Like

Kev’s review: That show was…pretty solid. I know the start looks awful and it pretty much is. But Jajunk is one of the most intense dance versions they’ve done in a good while. Stasik started up a crazy fast bassline as soon as the break started and Joel actually went with it with some cool organ work. They had to drop out for a minute so Jake/Bay could figure out exactly what to do with this unusually frenetic groove, but once they came back in, it was fast and furious…

Plunger was long, as others have mentioned. Nice dance build with some interesting Joel textures again (Joel may be MVP tonight. He at least shares it with Jake). Then gradual build into a huge dance peak. Huge dance peaks were the word of the day tonight. Plunger and Jajunk had the most substance to go with them, but Bad Friday, Kabump, and Wappy all had huge moments. No letting things fizzle here.

Stasik setlist. I can tell by the scan and the fact that there are so many songs of one genre here. Usually Stasik likes to do that with pretty or heavy songs, but tonight it was dance. Also I’m not even sure Bayliss would write a 1st set that bad. Though Cut the Cable jam ended up being a really good idea - they did an epic N2F-ish build but at Cut the Cable tempo and it worked. They should try that again sometime.

6 Likes

last Miss You 2014-04-12 (595 shows)
last Muscle Shoals Nitty Gritty 2014-04-17 (593 shows)

6 Likes

Was just about to ask if @Southern_Dan was in attendance. Sounds like he was based on the OP note. Congrats on the hundo Plunger dude!

3 Likes

Pretty sure he’s posted in a few threads about Sunday show and 100th Plunger, and it came to fruition. Congrats @Southern_Dan!

2 Likes

Perfect Plunger placement, Much Obliged after was great. First set was not what I’m looking for at all but in the end it didn’t matter.

I had a blast and thats all that matters. Wished they played Whistle Kids for Colin in set two but beggars can’t be choosers!

8 Likes

Fuuuuuck muscle shoals bitty gritty!

3 Likes

I wasn’t even there brah but I was whistling and snapping along in hopes for it

But congrats on one hundo plungos my dude. Hope it was a fat one

3 Likes

Congrats, Dan! I thought about you yesterday: “Man, they haven’t played Plunger yet this week, have they?” Glad it worked out.

3 Likes

Show still isn’t up… proves the 2nd set really is that good

@jwelsh8 I know we’re spoiled but any reason for the delay on this one? I want to hear that Junk again, dang it :slight_smile:

Umphreys McGee Live at Avondale Brewing Co. on 2021-08-08 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive this aud is pretty decent

3 Likes