2021/06/29 - Showtime at the Drive-In - Frederick, MD

Thanks @bluish! Missed much of your free stream but appreciate being able to listen in from MO > Synco onward!

That was a lotta fun. Opening Conduit got things going nicely, they almost wanted to come back to it but milked the jam for another couple minutes. Booth was a decent dance party > Fussy is a good opening punch. DT was pretty good, seemed neutered but they hit a nice groove. Phil’s Farm definitely got there, I think there were a couple different sections to it. 1st set was pretty oldschool, they played nothing past 2012.

Opening jamtachments was a really fantastic dance party, just felt like it was cut off for Rocktopus. MO > SS > CWII was real fun. MO stayed pretty Type 1, still a good build to it; SS got preettyyy out there and CWII closed out the segment well with a solid jam. Never saw Lenny so that was pleasant, really pretty song for a cool down I didn’t mind it closing S2. Bright Lights, albeit on the shorter side was still a solid dance party. Good times, great to be back

5 Likes

Best show I’ve seen from them in 2 years! :wink:

I only caught the second set (thanks @bluish) but thought it was fairly standard. There were jams throughout but nothing felt super extended. The Synco jam had a real unique sound at the start but ended up going in another direction.

2 Likes

Synco is one of those where I get real excited when I hear it start up, especially in the 2nd set due to how often it delivers the goods. Few things are worse than getting blue balled where the jam is, at least this was something.

Show is taking a while to upload. Nugs logic dictates that would mean this is a good show

streeaaam

https://u8kv3.app.goo.gl/zxiuA

3 Likes

Watch out @opsopcopolis , @bluish is coming for the Bort Sound Caresser crown.

3 Likes

I love how tiny the roof is at this venue. Looks so weird

i’m around to bring the 4th tier streams but they’re nothing on ben’s recordings

1 Like

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

Edit: Same ol George Benson “Breezin” teases in Syncopated as usually occurs, probably should be noted on ATU.

7 Likes

Attachments jam is super fun. The last minute or two of the improv falls short but it’s still a blast. I’d love to hear that at any show I went too.

definitely heard this attachments bassline in a wappy before but not sure which one

this famttachments is a tier 1 2021 jam. If they would have started another section to bring it to 12-14 minute jam it would be in the top panthenon of this years jams

2021 > 2019 > 2011 :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

This first set is a snoozer

Yeah, I wasn’t thrilled with it in person. I like getting a Fuzzy as a standard tune, but CW and Booth Love are meh. Also, OoO > CW (and I like OoO) is a lengthy standard town snooze fest.

I enjoyed the 2nd set a bunch in person. The Lenny over Reso choice to close the set hurt. Oddly, after relisten, my favorite part of this show was the short BLBC jam.

Don’t sleep on Phil’s if you like funk jams. This groove is particularly strong, and repeating it double-time to seamlessly segue back into the song is a nice touch.

“Metal Conduit Reprise”

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed they flubbed on the return to Conduit at the show, then they proceeded to milk the jam for another couple minutes. Definitely some kinda miscommunication but it turned into something good