2021/06/25 - Apple Valley Park - Lafayette, NY

That’s weird

Roadie to Jake:

4 Likes

It was briefly labeled that on nugs, probably where that came from

1 Like

This is pretty annoying. Why is the composed section of this song like 10 min long?.

Solid show overall. Really love the selection in set 1 and the improv was pretty good throughout, but not quite as good as the next night.

I thought IDM was solid just not on the level of the headiest 2019 versions that clocked in at a similar length. I think they need to ditch the little mini jam before the main jam, and as others have said scrap the return from the jam and just jam into another song

3/29/19 IDM is still daddy

1 Like

3/29/19 > 2/2/19 > 2/21/19 are the holy trinity of IDM. Love those three.

Yep. Glad to have caught 2 of the top 3. I actually might put the 2/21 one over the 2/2, tough call. 2/2 was longer and had a cool mellow vibe but I remember really liking the 2/21 one when I streamed that show. 3/29 is a shoe in for the best though.

It was cool that they hit a stride of really taking that song out there for a minute.

IDM jam ain’t all that, but the return to the song is pretty cool. Don’t think I’m heard one like this before.

Seems like folks kinda underselling this show? Dump City has a very good, 7-8 min dance/prog jam to kick off the improv and it’s followed up by a good Wellwwishers and one of the most exploratory renditions of Remind Me ever. The first section is very nice relaxed melodic before turning a little twangy…such a nice chill vibe to this whole jam and while it could have used a more pronounced resolution it’s still quality.

Crooked jam is good soaring/uplifting fare but not necessarily JOTY quality IMO. I actually found the IDM more interesting, yeah the first half is unnecessarily long but that final jam is pretty strange (calling @cshore) but still has some dope grooves from Jake and Bayliss. M2M jam is pretty bluesy and straightforward but damn do they sound locked in. Overall song selection in this show is A+ for my tastes. August and AIT jams late in second set are both good, especially that August.

1 Like

1 Like

I like this Wellwishers.

Me too, surprised no one mentioned it. I’m only a few songs in but I like what I’ve heard a lot, the Dump was real solid if not mindblowing.

Honestly, on paper this is a solid A/A- setlist purely for song selection (could def use more >). How often are you going to see M2M, Kimble, Wellwishers and Crooked in the same show? Never is my guess

1 Like

Finally got around to listening to this driving across Nebraska today.

Very good show, plenty of highlights.

For some reason the video of this show is up on nugs

Pretty great show if you ask me, definitely a SOTY contender. Love this Remind Me, Crooked One, and August in particular and the song selection is excellent.

1 Like