1 Like

Sounds like you haven’t listened to the 2/6/14 tinkles

2 Likes

10/21/11 Ringo
3/18/12 Fir

How was the venue? Pretty bummed I couldn’t make it,

3/11/05 Phil’s is the GOAT for lyricals

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

4 Likes

It’s sick

1 Like

I thought the Remind Me was the best. But damn it’s hard listening to the shows these days and maybe only finding one decent nugget within a run! Maybe! Still really pumped to see them next week :man_shrugging:

RR Bridgeless is probably the only thing I can see myself going back to multiple times in quite some time.

2 Likes

1st set is definitely the superior set here but it’s a solid show overall. Highlight as others have mentioned is the lyrical Crooked at the end of set 1. It’s rare they end a set on improv but they managed to find a way to do so and make it work beautifully here. I also enjoyed the Remind Me which was much lighter feeling than usual. Nice uplifting guitar work from Jake in the first section before things got “dark”. I think not having the detuned metal section looming caused them to “free” up the improv in this song.

I know an 18:51 IDM looks nice, but unfortunately nothing remarkable happens at all in this one. They need to tighten that up - so much repetition.

All In Time almost has to feature Jake on keys, no? They get some nice textures going on this one but cut it off a bit short.

Yup Jake on keys. Also broke a string during Dump, never seen him do that. Had a new one on in like a minute, dudes a beast

Just noticed that the main setlist at the top of the thread says Walletsworth. That should be corrected to Wellwishers :slight_smile:

1 Like

He replaced the string himself?

Yup

1 Like

That’s weird

Roadie to Jake:

4 Likes

It was briefly labeled that on nugs, probably where that came from

1 Like

This is pretty annoying. Why is the composed section of this song like 10 min long?.

Solid show overall. Really love the selection in set 1 and the improv was pretty good throughout, but not quite as good as the next night.

I thought IDM was solid just not on the level of the headiest 2019 versions that clocked in at a similar length. I think they need to ditch the little mini jam before the main jam, and as others have said scrap the return from the jam and just jam into another song

3/29/19 IDM is still daddy

1 Like

3/29/19 > 2/2/19 > 2/21/19 are the holy trinity of IDM. Love those three.

Yep. Glad to have caught 2 of the top 3. I actually might put the 2/21 one over the 2/2, tough call. 2/2 was longer and had a cool mellow vibe but I remember really liking the 2/21 one when I streamed that show. 3/29 is a shoe in for the best though.

It was cool that they hit a stride of really taking that song out there for a minute.