2021/06/20 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO

Just a Little Gift

Nice

3 Likes

Nothing special in this show but a solid show overall. Not my choice of songs for sure. Jake was on fire tonight and the rest of the band was just kinda cock rockin along to his solos, could be worse.

Borters I’m at row 52 center if you wanna Haj out

pussy ass haji encore

4 Likes

Anybody at my drummers car party in Upper North?

1 Like

Wow pussy ass Haji encore. Great way to end the “weekend”

1 Like

Weekend has just begun baby (Sunday-Thursday)

1 Like

Wappy encore jam may have been the highlight of the night! Love that Jake lick. HBB 1st jam was alright too. Pretty uneventful but fun show. Nether sounded good.

This Believe the Lie may be notable enough to land in the outstanding versions thread. Not sure I’ve ever heard them jam that long in this song. Didn’t love the Southern cock rock, but it was there.

This show has TMJNEI…there are too many jams and not enough real improv as all the jams are really standard and type 1ish

3 Likes

Im not sure UM has it in them to save the best for n3 anymore in a 3 night run. Whens the last time a N3 was hands down the best of the run? Charleston 15 comes to mind. This is a random thought of mine, so feel free to prove me wrong.

6 Likes

Yeah, I agree

For sure. Brooklyn 19 N3 is the only other one I can think of that is really great

Yep as I said earlier one of those every song has a jam type of sets. I don’t think it made for a bad show in person by any stretch but not really much to revisit either

When was the last time they put any amount of actual improv in BtL?

Idk, it was my first one so I was kinda confused. It was 12 bar Joe Bonamassa jamming but I was down. Honestly looking back set 2 was kinda lit. Not super noteworthy or anything but basically the whole set delivered a good time. Slacker jam was extremely type 1 but Jake fucking nailed it. I was at full jerk, catch you later.

2 Likes

Also I’m just looking back at this show and I do not remember feeling like Reso was a full 15 minutes long but I do remember it being probably the best jam of the night

2 Likes

Yeah I remember thinking Reso was the best jam of the night. I haven’t relistened to any of this show yet though

Edit: Just relistened. I think this Reso is getting underrated here. Probably my 3rd favorite jam of the weekend behind Bridgeless and Mantis (HM to IC, Silent Type, and Booth was actually pretty solid too). Couple of nice little dancy bounceback sections. It never really peaks that big but the whole thing is nice.

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

3 Likes