2021/06/19 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO

Show is up on Nugs. Mantis is pretty great but kind of fizzles at the end. Bridgeless is a blast from the past in that they really took their time and milked it for all its worth. One of those jams that woulda been awesome to witness live. A journey of sorts. 3-4 themes in it and even though none of them are spectacular, this is a great piece of music. Great stuff.

1 Like

First set is just ok, but for a first set it’s solid. Nothing really stands out too much, wish they had milked IC more.

Second set was great all the way through. Mantis was my favorite jam overall but Bridgeless was really good too, especially the peak at the end. It was nice to see them give two jams in a row that much time to breathe. Both jams were really deep and textural, I loved that. It was exactly what felt like was lacking from the first 3 sets of the weekend. Bottom Half was a throwaway but that’s most Bottom Halfs these days, I liked the placement, and Night Nurse was a fun way to lead back into the end of the set. They should’ve finished Mantis instead of Bridgeless IMO, would’ve fit out of the end of Nurse much better.

I’m so glad they chose to cut Slacker at the end of set 2. That song wouldn’t have fit the musical vibe of set 2 at all.

Encore was dope, love Zappa so I’m all about it.

2 Likes

My kind of setlist. Hope it holds up

This Mantis is litty city

This Bridgeless is litty titty city. God damn, a couple of bangers on the rocks. Have to put both in JOTY discussion.

I had all the fun I could have this weekend. Guess I’m about to listen to the Umphreys from this weekend.

Have not heard Jake nail the peak on a jam like this Bridgeless in quite some time. Maybe not all year, closest he has come is probably the 5/7 Crooked but this is a flawless victory. Love that Joel line that permeates the 2nd part of this jam and the way they come back to his line and deconstruct it to end the jam.

Mantis jam is also great, classic dark weird UM dance rock. Would have loved to hear that section from 14 -15m go further. Great laid back groove and some seagull guitar from Bayliss that could have gone on much longer.

4 Likes

Circle jerks with your meme friends in Mom’s basement don’t count as “live indoor music” brah

1 Like

This would be a #milestone for me. The meme friends part.

1 Like

Alki is over 800 IIRC. He had to make two Phantasy Tour logins to track all his shows since they capped out at 500 several years back. I’d say don’t count @Albert_Ross out for getting up there to 400 sooner than later. I know he’s slowed down a bit but I think we have yet to witness his best! Also, nothing like a good show count conversation. I’ve had a few down years but you’ll see me around more going forward. \mm/

1 Like

Sarcasm is funny when used sparingly and appropriately. Every fucking post - grow up sheeple.

4 Likes

You’re a miserable person. I didn’t die on the stairs, sorry

4 Likes

hope you had a great weekend ya whiny bitch

2 Likes

@jwelsh8 FYI on Nugs Dirty Love is currently titled Bridgeless

1 Like

Thanks. Talking to Nugs.

1 Like

Just listened to the Bridgeless jam. That is some grade A quality shit right there!

4 Likes

The best part was how BB commented on how sick it was when it was done.

2 Likes

Lol so there was a VIP set? Didn’t realize they even sold VIP tickets

Nvm it’s the stream right?

Gonna go full circlejerk on this one. Catching a slight drift of 8/15/19 from this show and it’s up there with 5/1/21 for this years best show.

First set is really good not great but second set Mantis and Bridgeless live up to the hype. Doubling down on this being at least a top 2 or 3 show of the year so far IMO SIYD

3 Likes