2021/06/19 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO

The best part was how BB commented on how sick it was when it was done.

2 Likes

Lol so there was a VIP set? Didn’t realize they even sold VIP tickets

Nvm it’s the stream right?

Gonna go full circlejerk on this one. Catching a slight drift of 8/15/19 from this show and it’s up there with 5/1/21 for this years best show.

First set is really good not great but second set Mantis and Bridgeless live up to the hype. Doubling down on this being at least a top 2 or 3 show of the year so far IMO SIYD

3 Likes

Bro stop you’re making me erect

Gonna be HARD not to jerk off to this show

3 Likes

Full jerk.

Full stop.

6 Likes

Oh yeah? you like that? Want some more?

Can you please stop sexually assaulting each other in the set list thread?

1 Like

3 Likes

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

1 Like

How’d the ATL Bridgeless compare to this one? Looks like it clocked in at a similar length

Yeah just listening back and agree with this, would’ve been amazing to take that section to bigger heights.

But yeah fuck this jam is great. I love jams like this with moody guitars and keys under pulsing drum and bass work.

SOTY because I was there

1 Like

Definitely some meter confusion in this Bridgeless. The first 4 minutes has some really cool parts and some parts where Jake Stasik and Kris are musically arguing about the time signature. Starting at the 10 minute mark things become insanely awesome and almost just pick up where the Mantis left off. This kinda weird glitchy stuff on the rocks -chefs kiss-

Kinda reminded of the 3/29/19 It Doesn’t Matter in spots of this Bridgeless. Although I think I prefer that jam overall. Both have great and different peaks, but similar vibes on the journey up to the peak.

Yeah I think on the whole Mantis is more consistent but the last 7-8 mins of Bridgeless is awesome stuff. The peak is truly glorious.

I also like this N2F jam. Nothing crazy but I’m down for a little Rainbow Country and the jam covers a but of territory in 6 mins

Some of these jams almost reach BK19 status.

Not quite though

2 Likes

This Bridgeless is far out. Felt the soaring upliting peak was a little bit of a cop out tho and was hoping for a proggier peak like that IDM or the 9/14/12 Ocean Billy

4 Likes
2 Likes

I wish this Bridgeless peak would keep going and branch off to some other exploratory zone. They always end these jams too soon.

I honestly thought it was pretty patient. The whole jam clocked in at about 12 min. But it definitely could’ve kept going.

Edit: I also just watched the video and got chills like 3 times during the peak. Love that shit.