2021/05/28 - Crofoot Festival Grounds - Pontiac, MI

I like Bayliss’s octaves starting around 14:00 in Plunger. Solid Plungey, though it’s not on 2019 PlunJOTY level. Big money transition into Booth, very smooth. Too bad Booth is Booth though

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to report back

1 Like

This should be fixed.

1 Like

I think I was too drunk but this show did nothing for me. Had a ton of fun with all the homies but I walked out feeling like it was just an average show.

my friend described it as “an entire show of chugga chugga”

1 Like

Listened to the show on Nugs. Very enjoyable, great jams and transitions. Lots of great melodic segments developed by Stasik, Bayliss, and Jake. Also, the recording sounds incredible.

Has he ever heard UM before?

2 Likes

not since like 06. “is this seriously what it was like”

3 Likes

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, or to make your own check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

2 Likes

Yay! Nugs fixed Puppet String!

1 Like

I guess I’m just a fluffer and a sucker for Jake chugs but I am a big fan of this Plunger. Really patient jam that builds up very dramatically for me. Yes I think they could have drawn out the peak a little more satisfyingly but great jam overall.

2 Likes

If the plunger finished like this DBK does, then we’d really be talking about something special.

Stasik’s bassline around the 8:40 mark of Wappy kept reminding me of ‘Born Under Punches’ from American Utopia (albeit slowed down and the last note in the progression was very different). Upon re-listening the Byrne song, it’s definitely not nearly as similar as I thought, but at the show I was pumped and thought it was an homage of sorts.

Goes to show how bad of a memory I have, I guess.

Just listening through on Nugs, and as a couple others have said, Regulate tease in Puppet String should definitely be notated.

Above average Mad Love, but it’s no 3/14/18 or 12/31/14. Whole thing felt a tad fast and sloppy, but still better than than most.

4 Likes

This show smokes. So happy to finally get a good show in Michigan. Best show here since ‘14, imo.

They’ve been playing pretty great the last few weeks. I feel like every show has had multiple great moments, jams, and song selection/flow of each set. Excited to hopefully catch them a couple more times before holidaze this year.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Thanks @jwelsh8