2021/05/07 - Westville Music Bowl - New Haven, CT

Classic predictable UM show. Jk def above average. BF and Speak Up were throwaways but Crooked and IDM 2nd jam delivered. Also pretty decent bounceback in the encore

#NEfluffsquad

4 Likes

Really enjoyable show. Venue was great and I thought they played very well. Looks and Crooked were the improv highlights. Set 2 lost a bit of steam on the improv front but the song selection made up for it. Excited for tomorrow

4 Likes

Happy to see the consensus positivity. Excited for next weekend. Enjoy tomorrow y’all

2 Likes

Tonight was a masterpiece. Well fucking done!

The AIT encore is some of the all-times dankest Umphrey’s. Absolutely fire.

1 Like

12 song show?? Damn that looks fire. N2F > OOO and #5 > N2F on paper looks great.

2 Likes

N2F clocked in around 6 into a surprisingly tight OoO. Last few times I’ve seen it has been pretty rough. Short 4-5 min Fancy reprise out of #5. Looks is probably the best jam from S1.

Crooked is definitely the highlight here with IDM a close second. Also a decent amount of improv in the AIT.

I’m fully prepared to be disappointed with a songy Bayliss show tomorrow night.

4 Likes

This was the best show I’ve seen in 2021 hands down. The flow was solid, the jams were there, and the song selection, particularly a predictable but great version of All in Time to close it out made it a wonderful night. Talked to a lot of strangers throughout the show, from first timers to 99ers and everyone was feeling it in my section. So much room to dance. I think this show is worth a full spin. Hope to catch some more people tomorrow; only ran into a few of my favorite 'Phreaks at setbreak. Hoping Wade drives up for the show tomorrow and writes the setlist. Pipe dreaming but would be sick. His setlists knew what the fans wanted to see!

1 Like

That segue was so well executed. Honestly if we are zooming in on a specific moment from the show where the pre-cum was in full effect it was that transition.

1 Like

100% agree. Super tight segue into a song that should be played more often IMO. That one used to get some pretty decent improv back in 2016z

Was Crooked One Unfinished?

I can’t believe that song is that old. Still feels new to me. Time is an illusion

Crooked was not finished @derblutenkat

1 Like

Is that a “the fish” tease in n2F jam? Or just sounds close.

Crooked holds up. Only gripe is I wish they milked it a bit more before Myers takes off.

Glad I wasn’t shot by then because those are def Rocker 2 teases at the end.

1 Like

Gonna listen on my drive back from Blue Ridge, GA today. But no way this show is as good as Grateful Mahalo was last night

Setlist thread baby lets go!

1 Like

Glad to read the NE treatment is still in effect and that the boys are still trying hard and delivering above average. Hope it keeps up

3 Likes

This looks jam sounds familiar

Just downloaded this off the nugs app.
Can’t wait! \m/

1 Like

Crooked jam is def legit. First section definitely sounds a little precomposed or even like a song in progress. Middle section w/ Stasik laying down the groove and Joel on piano is very nice.