2020/09/06 - At the Drive Inn - SeatGeek Stadium - Bridgeview, IL

What new songs?

By newer songs I mean songs released in the last few years. Although yes, an actual new composition could have been nice!

It was at least nice to get 4 nights without any repeats. I’m sure they didn’t have time to practice everything.

1 Like

Day nurse is excellent. Not sure why folks rag on it other than its always standard. But its a cool standard

1 Like

I love day nurse.

Speak for your fuckin self yo

Can you share the timings for Shine On and Paradise City/Hold On Loosely? I caught the I Got Love jam.

Shine On was more of a fakeout. I don’t think they ever really started playing it, but in the space between IDM and Maybe Someday Joel plays that really long keyboard pad and Andy starts twinkling his chimes right before Jake or BB start that low end noodling that Gilmour does before the song starts. Exact timing is tough.

Paradise City riff is at about 54 minutes and Hold On Loosely follows about a minute later. Again, exact timing is hard based on when they took the stage in the stream, but that should get you close.

1 Like

Thank you.

To be more specific the Shine On fakeout happens at around the 1hr mark on replay. Jake hits the famous 4 note riff, just at like triple speed and repeatedly. The GNR is at 1:15:15 and Hold on Loosely happens immediately after a few riffs of that, but I’d say Hold On Loosely is a full jam, not just tease.

2 Likes

I need to relisten to both to better determine how to label them.

The SOYCD could possibly be described as an “ending” or “jam” instead of a tease. Jake most definitely played the four note phaser lick.

The Paradise City was fairly obvious, and could maybe be described as a jam. Hold On Loosely came right after, and then after some jamming, they returned to it. Again, could maybe be described differently. I also thought maybe there was some Just What I Needed in there but not sure until I relisten.

1 Like

That summarizes last night versus Saturday night well. If we aren’t going to get that epic improv that keeps us coming back night after night, I’d hope we would get more interesting setlists. I absolutely love UM’s catalog through Mantis but they have lost me a bit with their new(er) style of synth-driven, dance-based funk. Opinions may vary.

1 Like

SOYCD sound starts around 59 minutes. Jake doesn’t play the lick as clearly as I thought, but he starts playing with the notes around 1:00:25.

Paradise City is at 1:15:15.

Hold On Loosely starts at 1:15:55. The first half of the chord progression they play follows the same first four chords and rhythm of the song, but the latter half is different. I’d still probably call it teases.

As for Just What I Needed, it starts on the same chord and has a similar rhythm to Hold On Loosely, but is otherwise different and I do not think there is a tease here.

I honestly think it was more coincidence than intention.

whole la, it looks like UM shifted where they are having the audio from the recent shows. You used to be able to get them from Nugs.net but it looks like the newer streams are now at tourgigs.com. I don’t really need to watch the show, but I would like to listen to it. Any options out there for still getting complete shows downloaded?

I miss the old days where you could get a USB key with the show you just saw at the end of the show.

9/5 is on nugs already. I’d imagine 9/6 will be uploaded in time. Not sure about the Wrapped in the Round shows since they seemingly were skipped over.

Also did UM ever do USBs? I don’t recall it. They used to do CDs.

2 Likes

I always remember CD’s as well. Maybe there was a brief period of time or special events?

i got a USB from Summer Camp once, it was their 15th anniversary year so probably 2013? i’ll never forget trudging through the mud to the tent to pick it up. what a shitshow that was.

2 Likes

I have the UM USB that had Greatest Hits Vol III & Songs for Older Women

Listening Guide:

For more information on this guide, to discuss its accuracy, or to make your own guide, check out this topic: Umphreys Live Listening Guide - A Community Project

4 Likes